Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Northern Ireland Practical Shotgun comp 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Do you do this in the Republic?

tac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

tac foley wrote: »

tac

Not that I know of, Tac. Only an hour or so up the road from me though, so will toddle along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

tac foley wrote: »

tac

God no Tac. Far too much fun to be allowed in holy little Ireland :rolleyes:

Shame. It's great fun to watch. I don't do it as I don't have any kind of a shotgun, let alone the eight-shot wonder-guns needed for this particular shooting sport.

Add to that that I'm too poor to afford a couple of hundred cartridges per session......

tac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

NOPE! It's considered "Combat training":rolleyes:: by our dear leaders and police force and therefore Illegal. It's soo realistic of course to real life tactical training...Your hostile targets will obligingly stay in the exact same positions for you to get a practice run on before you storm the building! And of course, you must clear a building or whatever of targets while under a speed limit in real life, forget any of this silly nonsense of "Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!" doctrine.Doesn't apply here to our armed police or ranger wing.

PS a Mossberg 500 isn't that expensive and will work just as good as any tricked out race gun.What most folks use starting off.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

PS a Mossberg 500 isn't that expensive and will work just as good as any tricked out race gun.What most folks use starting off.

Target slugs run close to €1 each though.

The gun is cheap, for sure, but the ammunition sure ain't.

Besides, all that creaking leatherwork gives me the shibbers...............

tac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Target slugs run close to €1 each though.

That comp in the link is shot with bird shot, seemingly.
    Only provisio is that fibre wad cartridges must be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Who makes fibre wad shells these days?Haven't seen any in ages?:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Who makes fibre wad shells these days?Haven't seen any in ages?:confused:

Quite a few Grizz, a lot of game shoots insist on them and a lot of clay clubs too. In our club you have to use fibre as the land is grazed by sheep on non shooting days, and sheep being dense, eat plastic wads, which does them no good at all so i am told.

• Advertisement
Advertisement