Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sna info needed

Options
  • 15-08-2017 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I currently have been subbing in a school for the past 2 years and have got a job share fixed term contract. Starting in September, However A part time position has come up for 16 hours a week and i have an interview. Basically which position would be more benefical? if hours are allocated year will they go to the job share position or the part time? either way the fixed term position will be gone the following september, just trying to figure out which position would be better for my future.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

The part time position would entitle you to panel rights and redundancy (should the role last a full year) Also if extra hours become available next year you should be offered them.
    The job share position is never going to be your job.... it always belongs to the person already in situ. The person job sharing could come back and your fixed term role is gone. Fixed term literally guarantees you a job for a specific time.
    Personally I'd take the part time if it's guaranteed for the year as it will put you in a better position next year to apply elsewhere if the job is gone.

Advertisement