Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 10k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Have never been able to do a race in Donadea, this could be dooable though! Is it two laps of the 50k route?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

Ive done the the Donadea 10k several times and I assume they are following the same route again this year. The race starts outside the Park on road and goes around the outer wall before entering the park via a different gate than the usual car gate. You then join the 50K route, do one full lap as well as part of a second lap and then cut left to finish near the coffee shop.

At the moment it doesn't clash with any other commitments for me so it looks like i get to do it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

I've registered for this - it fits in perfectly with my plan for Dublin. What's the surface like? Would I get away with flats or would I be better of in something heavier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Rockyman7

I've registered for this - it fits in perfectly with my plan for Dublin. What's the surface like? Would I get away with flats or would I be better of in something heavier?
    waterever u wear normallywill do..unless it rains like copenhagen

Surface is compacted small gravel for the most part. The paths tend not to get muddy unless there has been a lot of rain the previous few days and even then its only a few spots around the course that are effected. Ive run there in regular road runners in all weathers over the past few years and not had any issues.

And no one could have been prepared for what happened in the space of 3 hours in Copenhagen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

Wouldn't mind doing this, is the start area accessible at all by public transport?

closest bus route is the 120 with Bus Eireann which would leave you 3 miles from the start. Alternatively Maynooth has good public transport and then try here or social media for someone passing Maynooth on their way to it.

Speaking of transport - depending on arrangements I might be looking for a lift either Dublin afterwards. Will there be many heading that way with a spare seat? Have no problem getting there.

ooter wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind doing this, is the start area accessible at all by public transport?

where u coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

Rockyman7 wrote: »
    where u coming from

Central Dublin.

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »
    Central Dublin.

if u make it to clane.. ill org a pick up and drop back to clane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Speaking of transport - depending on arrangements I might be looking for a lift either Dublin afterwards. Will there be many heading that way with a spare seat? Have no problem getting there.

Could drop you to the Green Luas after, if you didn't mind waiting around for a slower runner to finish!

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Could drop you to the Green Luas after, if you didn't mind waiting around for a slower runner to finish!

Sounds great, thanks! I'll pm you closer to the day once I know what I'm doing, if that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Ciara Mageean will be running this, according to pop up races

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

RayCun wrote: »
    3 other national champions running aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Anyone know when they stop taking registrations for this? I think I read that there are no entries on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

https://www.popupraces.ie/events/donadea-running-club-10k-2017/

Says here you can sign up on the day. That was my plan.

Huzzah! wrote: »

Thanks for the offer, but as it turns out I'll have the car with me, so I'm sorted.

I'll be driving up from Cork on the morning of the race. I'm not familiar with the area at all. I'm just wondering what is the latest time I could arrive so I have enough time to pick up my number (I registered online), get togged off and make my way to the start line (I like a 2 mile warmup). Would 10:30 be time enough to arrive?

Thanks for the offer, but as it turns out I'll have the car with me, so I'm sorted.

I'll be driving up from Cork on the morning of the race. I'm not familiar with the area at all. I'm just wondering what is the latest time I could arrive so I have enough time to pick up my number (I registered online), get togged off and make my way to the start line (I like a 2 mile warmup). Would 10:30 be time enough to arrive?
    no...10:15

no...10:15

Cheers. Will try to leave around 7.30 so, hopefully get there for 10.

• Advertisement

Cheers. Will try to leave around 7.30 so, hopefully get there for 10.
    theres a 1km run up to strat line aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Nice event. Lovely surroundings, well marshalled, nice course.
    Only problem was lack of 40min pacer, good day out and nice grub after.

F.

Race was great. Soup was nice. I was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Ditto to the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Enjoyed it, but not used to run on that surface: it was a bit too sticky for me.

So I can't really compare my time in this 10k to others on roads only.

Soup amazing and very welcome, lovely setting.

I am very tempted by the 50k in February to keep me honest during the boozy session of xmas and New Year.

Thanks Donadea AC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

RayCun wrote: »

Went off at 6.20-ish pace, which slowed quickly enough with the rolling hills and humidity, but I could hear at least one female voice chatting away just behind me, which I found off-putting, as I had no breath to spare whatever. Who is this woman gabbing away like she's on a recovery run, I asked myself?

After a couple of miles, I heard someone call out "Go on, Ciara" behind me, and the penny dropped.

Anyway, great race, great organisation and location. Apart from a couple of dodgy characters on the pacing/organisational side.

Oh and I had to hose down me new runners when I got home too. Fecking sh1tkicker races.

davedanon wrote:
    Went off at 6.20-ish pace, which slowed quickly enough with the rolling hills and humidity, but I could hear at least one female voice chatting away just behind me, which I found off-putting, as I had no breath to spare whatever. Who is this woman gabbing away like she's on a recovery run, I asked myself?

Sounds like my race except I couldn't hear any chat over my own heavy breathing. There's a strong chance I tried to keep up with said female voices at the start which might explain my subsequent rapid fade.

Advertisement