Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Riding through Gap of Dunloe

• 15-08-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if its possible to go for a hack up through the gap of Dunloe. I know that you can hire the Jarveys and Carts but I want to go it on horseback and not be tied, literally, to a cart!
    When I was there a few years ago I remember seeing people setting off from Kate Kearneys cottage on horseback but they were being lead.

I did the hack around the Park too with Killarney Riding Stables - are there any alternatives to this either? Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Not quite sure the horses would be of the standard required.
    Also due to the volume of people/cars/hikers using the Gap, I'm not sure it is a good idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi, I was wondering if its possible to go for a hack up through the gap of Dunloe. I know that you can hire the Jarveys and Carts but I want to go it on horseback and not be tied, literally, to a cart!
    When I was there a few years ago I remember seeing people setting off from Kate Kearneys cottage on horseback but they were being lead.

I did the hack around the Park too with Killarney Riding Stables - are there any alternatives to this either? Thanks for any suggestions

Contact Killarney riding stables again. If they can't provide the service they will know who can

Advertisement