Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement lights?

• 15-08-2017 12:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a secondhand Aqua One aquarium (3.5 ft length). The problem predicatably is the lighting unit doesnt seem to work.

I've been looking on their website and a replacement unit is upwards of 160 pounds sterling so i was thinking of going the LED light route.

Has anybody got any advise on replacing the old unit with LEDs? Would a tube of lights that stick onto the underside of the lighting unit be enough or would something that clips onto the top be better?

'Tanks' in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

The main question I'd ask myself is do I need the lid? If you're keeping jumpy fish or have small hands around you mightn't want to but otherwise you could just get an LED unit which perches on the rim. You'd get one for about €60 on Amazon.

LED strips from Amazon or ebay glued to the underside of the lid would be the cheapest option though, you could get 4 meters for under 20 I reckon and unless you're growing a carpeting plant you should be grand.

Advertisement