Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landmass visible

Options
  • 15-08-2017 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi,

What is the landmass visible from seapoint out on the Irish sea? I always assumed it was howth head (and still assume so) but it's straight ahead and it doesn't see to fit with maps of dublin? It comes out far east of the poolbeg chimneys for example. But I suppose it couldn't be anything else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I'd say definitely Howth, unless you are talking about the Kish lighhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lambay Island is visible from Seapoint, behind Howth. You would see it as a fainter land mass on the left shoulder of Howth where it begins to rise up from Sutton.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

I was in Wetherspoons in DL recently and a local there was convinced that it was the Isle of Man :) He must have have been in there a fair few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cobham

You can see Welsh Mountains from top of Sugarloaf on a good day :)

From some parts of South Co Dublin, Irelands Eye is visible behind Howth. And from high ground looking north, it is the Mountain of Mourne that you can see... on a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Snowdonia National park is clearly visible from Killiney early in the morning when the sun is rising on some mornings

• Advertisement
Advertisement