Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crawford - Indongo, Yamanaka - Nery, etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Nery wins as Yamanaka's corner jumps in during the 4th. Proper breakout win. US TV networks should be all over Nery. Proper good Mexican fighter who can bang.

Nery - Inoue is the fight to make.

Time for Yamanaka to retire I'd reckon.

pac_man wrote: »
    Only got to see the final minute, fair play on the prediction. How was it up until that point?
    Cheers. Had Yamanaka up for sure. He was doing the far more consistent work with his jab and connected with the left a few times, Nery was only really fighting in spurts but landing some good stuff at times when he did. Upped the pace significantly in the fourth and had Yamanaka in bother fairly quickly. Yamanaka had too much pride in there really, should've taken a count or at least tried to hold when hurt instead of trying to fight back. Good fight but would've loved to see a few more rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Couldn't find a market on any book for Nery by KO. Good shout though. Found this sweet gif on reddit:

https://gfycat.com/DelectableSatisfiedGlowworm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

easy work for Bud

Indongo way to reckless in there. You could see exactly how that was bound to finish.

Time for Crawford to move up to 147.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Crawford is the real deal, so calm and methodical in there against a ild opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone catch Shakur Stevenson?

walshb wrote: »
    Anyone catch Shakur Stevenson?

Yes. Only looked ok. Fundamentally quite good but is going to have to get stronger. Has zero power.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Yes. Only looked ok. Fundamentally quite good but is going to have to get stronger. Has zero power.

Was it on the Sky card last night? I am going through it now..

walshb wrote: »
    Was it on the Sky card last night? I am going through it now..

Yep after they showed Dillian Whyte, before Gvozdyk.

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »
    Yep after they showed Dillian Whyte, before Gvozdyk.

Balls! I forgot. Manually recorded it and didn't record the first 90 minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭selectamatic

pac_man wrote: »
    What was the point in him fighting in the states? A mismatch that was potentially dangerous, an empty arena and no exposure as he wasn't on US TV. Completely pointless.

They're mad for a crack at wilder so I suppose fighting in America seemed to fit that narrative but as you said with neither crowd nor tv exposure the whole thing was kinda pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

I saw it last week but forgot to post it but Nery apparently tested positive for Zilpaterol after the fight. Basically something similar to Clenbuterol, a very common fat burner. Kind of makes sense considering Nery is huge for the weight. I do expect the old contaminated beef story though and apparently Zilpaterol is used widely in cattle.

Advertisement