Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers in TI-sanctioned races.

Options
  • 15-08-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

My 16 yr old may have caught the Tri bug, she's expressed an interest in training over the coming months to enter an event or two next season.

Is there a lower age limit for TI events? I think TI grade your age based on Dec 31st of the current year. I see a Junior Race Licence on the website - I assume that's valid for all races.

So she'd be 17 next season - is there anything to say she can't enter DCT or CK next season?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

There is an age limitation. She will be allowed to race sprint distance next year but I dont think she can race Olympic distance until she is 18

EDIT: Page 82 of ITU rule book http://www.triathlon.org/uploads/docs/itusport_competition-rules_2017.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

cjt156 wrote: »
    My 16 yr old may have caught the Tri bug, she's expressed an interest in training over the coming months to enter an event or two next season.

Is there a lower age limit for TI events? I think TI grade your age based on Dec 31st of the current year. I see a Junior Race Licence on the website - I assume that's valid for all races.

So she'd be 17 next season - is there anything to say she can't enter DCT or CK next season?

Sprint distance races only until 18 years of age as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Cheers, probably a good plan to start her off with a sprint or two.

Advertisement