Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I haven't set up my Verified by Visa but I'm still being asked for a VbV password whe

Options
  • 15-08-2017 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm trying to order something online that I need as soon as possible. While trying to make a payment for something, I was directed to a small Verified by Visa web-form within the website I'm buying from - I wasn't directed to a new page or window. It then asks me for my Verified by Visa password to complete the purchase even though I have not set it up yet. I have looked at various help pages and they all said that there should be an option to register for Verified by Visa on the web-form but I've been trying for hours and I still can't find a way to do it. I was thinking about ringing to reset my password, but would that even work if I haven't set it up yet?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Missandei,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Some merchants would request that you use the verified by visa when making a purchase.  

If you call 0818 365 365 and select option 1,3 and then 6 a member of the verified by visa team will help you with the password so you can complete the transaction.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Missandei

Hi Missandei,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Some merchants would request that you use the verified by visa when making a purchase.  

If you call 0818 365 365 and select option 1,3 and then 6 a member of the verified by visa team will help you with the password so you can complete the transaction.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Kareana
    Hi, thanks for the fast response. 
    I called the number 0818 365 365 and selected option 1, then 3, but I was only given 4 options after that; there was no option 6. I'm still not sure what to do. 
    I hope you can help,

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Missandei,

Sorry to hear this,I have doubled checked it there so press 1 for service on personal account, 3 for debit and credit services then 6 for 3rd secure online shopping support.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks

Kareana  

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Missandei

Hi Missandei,

Sorry to hear this,I have doubled checked it there so press 1 for service on personal account, 3 for debit and credit services then 6 for 3rd secure online shopping support.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks

Kareana  
    Hi Kareana, 

Just rang and pressed 1 for service on personal account > 3 for debit and credit services > 3 for 3D secure online shopping support. I was a bit confused when you said to select option 6 (there is no option 6) but I managed to figure it out. I hope this works!

Thanks for your help

Missandei

Advertisement