Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platinum Advantage Credit Card

Options
  • 15-08-2017 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was a holder of a Classic Credit Card for some time and recently applied for a Platinum Advantage Credit Card via an online form. I was under the assumption that my credit limit would increase along with this new card, it has not.

I have also been charged the annual fee already, i was close to my limit when i was charged and now i am over balance because of this.

Can i get some clarification on the limit for the Platinum Advantage Credit Card and

can i please understand why i have already been charged for the annual fee when i have not even received the card yet and why i was charged, bringing my account over limit?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi oB1,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

The credit limit would be decided through the application process.

As you mentioned you haven't received the new card yet it seems that you are viewing the old card details through the 365 online. 

As normally you would need to go in and add the new card under the service desk for online viewing first.

When you receive the new card you can submit your query under the service desk regarding the limit on the card.

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi oB1,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

The credit limit would be decided through the application process.

As you mentioned you haven't received the new card yet it seems that you are viewing the old card details through the 365 online. 

As normally you would need to go in and add the new card under the service desk for online viewing first.

When you receive the new card you can submit your query under the service desk regarding the limit on the card.

Thanks

Kareana
    Hi Kareana,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am viewing my account under Card Care (i dont have a current account with BOI) - and while it references the old card number, the account is still live and is posting transactions, including the annual fee of €76.18, which has now taken me over my limit.

As part of the application i was not asked for credit limit, though, i assumed it would increase, that is the reason i applied but perhaps that is my own fault for assuming that.

What i submit a request in relation to same under Card Care? i cant see the option at the moment.

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

You can only submit a question through the online service desk as you don't use 365 online you will need to call them on 0818 251 251 and an advisor with account access to your cards will be able to help you regarding the new card and the fees that have been posted on the previous card.  

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Karna

Hi Kareana,

I am a Permanent TSB customer who pays my PTSB credit card in full each month and I own my home outright (no mortgage). I applied for a Platinum Credit Card with Bank of Ireland 2/8/18 and a week later I still haven't heard anything - not even requesting supporting documentation for my application. It says online (BOI's website) 24 hour approval and I guess that is for current BOI customers but surely I should have heard something by now.

Can you please advise when I log into form.bankofireland.com/myapplicationtracker/login as advised with the reference number and my surname that it is still showing up as if I made the application 5 minutes ago. It is Step 1 of 4.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Karna,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Usually an update is received within 48 business hours of the application, it can be by email, call or SMS.  We would recommend giving the Team a call on 0818 200 412 an Advisor can look further into the application for you.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement