Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

Mrmr17 wrote: »
    Anyone know what number they're on now? Well done to everyone who sat the interviews/presentations. Relax now until you hear something.

They've reached approx 600 OOM, who have Dublin as a preference. There's no update to the number, they've only called forward one wave so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

BillyJoe96 wrote: »
    yes I'm up this friday,the 24th
    I’m Wednesday! Is Friday the last day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BillyJoe96

Yes I think so

Phew! That was an experience. Best of luck to everyone yet to interview. I don’t think I’ve made it through - but am hopeful!

thats all anyone can be at this stage, did they tell you when the results would be out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

eimaj18 wrote: »
    Phew! That was an experience. Best of luck to everyone yet to interview. I don’t think I’ve made it through - but am hopeful!
    You probably did better than you realise. Its nerve racking and tough, but you seem to be well prepared going by your posts here and on the previous threads. Chin up.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Aoibhin84

I'm up tomorrow, going to get an early night. Well done to everyone.... it would be great to see some promotions out of this batch!

Aoibhin84 wrote: »
    I'm up tomorrow, going to get an early night. Well done to everyone.... it would be great to see some promotions out of this batch!

Good luck and let us know how you get on

I'm up tomorrow,  going to get an early night. Well done to everyone.... it would be great to see some promotions out of this batch!
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

Mrmr17 wrote: »
    Relax now until you hear something.

I'm trying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Phonecrazy

Was up on Tuesday. It was a challenging process, the interview looked for strategic motivation behind the examples but I’m happy that I didn’t make as much of a mess of it as I did in the summer. I found the interview board were much more enthusiastic this time, in the summer the two males on my board looked annoyed to be there. I spent a lot of time preparing this time round and I hope I’ve done enough. Wait and see time now! Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

Think I missed a massive trick in the report/presentation. Came to me this morning on the cycle to work. Which would be ample time in real life, but not when you're trying to absorb 20 pages of info in 1hr 30mins. I know, I know, that's the challenge.

Hopefully I done enough regardless and all you have to do is pass each competency, placing on the panel doesn't bother me, they'll exhaust it.

podge018 wrote: »
    Think I missed a massive trick in the report/presentation. Came to me this morning on the cycle to work. Which would be ample time in real life, but not when you're trying to absorb 20 pages of info in 1hr 30mins. I know, I know, that's the challenge.

Hopefully I done enough regardless and all you have to do is pass each competency, placing on the panel doesn't bother me, they'll exhaust it.
    Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. A pass would be perfect! I made a point in the presentation saying that if I had more time to absorb the information I’d do X,Y and Z.

In the post-mortem you’ll always find things that you could/should have said. Nothing can be done now try and put it behind you.

Phonecrazy wrote: »
    In the post-mortem you’ll always find things that you could/should have said. Nothing can be done now try and put it behind you.

Plus 1. Whats done is done, you can critic yourself and its natural, but you should look at what you did right, take positives from that. You may have made mistakes, however you still might have done enough to pass.

The presentation is tough, its 50 marks per comp, with one comp (communication) divided into 25 each, all you can do is your best. plenty of sleep before ahnd and a good breakfast before hand and youll be ready.

How did you get on the other day?

I found the board for interview and presentation far more professional this year, the interview board really encouraged me but it was tough that hour and a half flew by! i felt I didn't perform very well in the presentation because I got caught up in the staffing issues but look it's over now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Doubtitdub

Interviews finished today and so begins the waiting game, hopefully will be sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Hope you all did well. Regional candidate here hoping for a call in the New Year. :D

Doubtitdub wrote: »
    Interviews finished today and so begins the waiting game, hopefully will be sooner rather than later.
    Average is usually 2-3 weeks. Hope you did well.

• Advertisement

Here’s hoping we all did well , thank god its over , it’s a waiting game now

eimaj18 wrote: »
    Average is usually 2-3 weeks. Hope you did well.

There has been a quick turnaround with this competition so far so could even be sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 47 pinkrunners

I rang PAS this morning, results are out next week apparently

My nerves! it will be interesting to see if they get the high failure rate after the shortlisting process

I'm not getting my hopes up to be honest.

Id be with you there, but sure its all experience and ive heard third times a charm... ;)

Id be with you there, but sure its all experience and ive heard third times a charm... ;)
    Yeah me too. Experience will really stand alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

I wonder if they will call another dublin or regional batch to round 3 and if it will be this side of Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

billyhead wrote: »
    I wonder if they will call another dublin or regional batch to round 3 and if it will be this side of Christmas?

I would say there is no hope before xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

billyhead wrote: »

Round 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Results are out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Failed 2 comps in the interview, the ones I thought I did ok on! Everything else did well in. Oh well.

Crap, me too. Ack! Such a long and complicated process, it’s tough to fall at the last hurdle. Well done to those of you who got through.

It's a bit ridiculous that whatever work you do in your job will never actually be rewarded, and it all boils down to a ridiculous interview process based on contrived stories!

So passed somehow taught made a mess of a few parts of it but did well, you just never know!

• Advertisement

passed made it into the top 20 ....stunned

So passed somehow taught made a mess of a few parts of it but did well, you just never know!
    Well done! Great to hear of some success here. Let us know when you’re placed etc. Huge congrats.

Failed 2 comps in the interview, the ones I thought I did ok on! Everything else did well in. Oh well.

Me too. Just under the qualifying mark as well :(

passed made it into the top 20 ....stunned

Well done! I know what colour runners I'll be wearing to my next interview...

Are the qualifying marks higher than the last competition.

• Advertisement

41 to pass each competency then the presentation pass marks were analysis and evaluation pass mask 25 management and delivery of results pass Mark 20 and communication and influencing 12.

Same here, back to the grindstone I go

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spencer105

I passed. First time applicant and I'm a co! To say I'm shocked is an understatement!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Spencer105 wrote: »
    I passed. First time applicant and I'm a co! To say I'm shocked is an understatement!
    Well done! Did you have management experience outside of the civil service?

Congratulations!
    It goes to prove that there is no bias.

Anyone any idea of the amount of vacancies?

On the board in the 50s. After my 3rd interview in a year finally got one. Congrats to those lucky enough to be on the panel and commiserations to others. Hopefully if you keep plugging things will work out for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spencer105

Jade182 wrote: »
    Well done! Did you have management experience outside of the civil service?

I had management experience from a long time ago. I joined the civil service 3 years ago

41 to pass each competency then the presentation pass marks were analysis and evaluation pass mask 25 management and delivery of results pass Mark 20 and communication and influencing 12.
    Different marking system so.
    What are the latter out of?
    They were out of 100 last time?

41 is higher than 40 in the last competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Does anyone know do they place ppl fairly quickly off this or does it take ages

Addle wrote: »
    Different marking system so.
    What are the latter out of?
    They were out of 100 last time?

41 is higher than 40 in the last competition?
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Analysis and Evaluation:  (Qualifying Mark: 25 / Maximum Mark: 54)[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Management and Delivering Results: (Qualifying Mark: 20 / Maximum Mark: 48)[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Effective Influencing & Communication:(Qualifying Mark: 12 / Maximum Mark: 30)[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement