Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Did you use the star technique and illustrate measurable results?

Addle wrote: »
    Did you use the star technique and illustrate measurable results?

Yes I did

Then it really is a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

Hi all, just wondering, does anyone have an idea when they might kick off the regional process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

maydream wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering, does anyone have an idea when they might kick off the regional process?

I believe they may shortlist another Dublin batch in the early new year and then regionals so your envisaging around March for regionals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

billyhead wrote: »
    maydream wrote: »

I believe they may shortlist another Dublin batch in the early new year and then regionals so your envisaging around March for regionals

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

I did find it telling that they said the following.... "It is noted that the summary comment conveyed to you inadvertently stated that "Relevant to those shortlisted candidate did not demonstrate the level of management of projects/operations required for the HEO role"

Is the context of that comment that they shouldn't have used the phrasing "Relative to those shortlisted"? That was one of my main points so I'm very interested to see the full response!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Doubtitdub wrote: »
    Clearance started got the form there to be in by Monday at noon, moving fairly quick!

Has anyone on the panel heard anything since submission of that form?

Anyone staying in their current department?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paul 27

Has anyone on the panel heard anything since submission of that form?

Anyone staying in their current department?

I got word I am staying in my Department which suits location-wise

Thanks for the reply.
    Did PAS confirm your placement?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply.
    Did PAS confirm your placement?

Yes got word on my message board from them

• Registered Users Posts: 47 pinkrunners

I got word on Wednesday, I am staying in my own Department

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Any idea how far they are gone down the panel, roughly?

Great to read that there have been appointments.

Merry Christmas!

I was top 20 and have been assigned

Does anyone know what number they reached after shortlisting for Dublin candidates. I heard more shortlisting will be done in January so if they shortlist another 400 I should find out either way if I will get an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DeltaDan

Does anyone know what number they reached after shortlisting for Dublin candidates. I heard more shortlisting will be done in January so if they shortlist another 400 I should find out either way if I will get an interview.

I know someone in the 620's that was called to interview in first round of shortlisting.

I got appointed this evening with a start date of 8th January

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Doubtitdub

Happy New year all!

So has anyone else be placed from this panel yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Aoibhin84

i was below 40 and no word yet.. good luck to all with shortlisting exercise !

• Advertisement

Aoibhin84 wrote: »
    i was below 40 and no word yet.. good luck to all with shortlisting exercise !

Well done.
    Have another batch been notified of shortlisting process?

No but I would suspect soon considering the speed of this batch

So has anyone heard anything from PAS since the pre clearance forms were sent out?

Doubtitdub wrote: »
    So has anyone heard anything from PAS since the pre clearance forms were sent out?

I was appointed so I assume others are also in by now

paul 27 wrote: »

Congrats, was it in your own department?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Lodger81

paul 27 wrote: »

Approximately where on the panel were you? I'm in the 40's so curious to see how they are progressing.

Lodger81 wrote: »
    Approximately where on the panel were you? I'm in the 40's so curious to see how they are progressing.

I was near the top alright stayed in my own Department with is good figure that helped speed up my move to the new area

i know they were at the early 20s before Christmas but I assume today is when the wheels will start churning again, where are people being offered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

I'm staying put, as requested.

• Advertisement

podge018 wrote: »
    I'm staying put, as requested.

Good stuff!

Where did you place on the panel?

I wonder has the panel moved at all for anyone changing Dept?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kanovara

Anyone any idea when the 2nd batch of short listing for Dublin will be done?

Kanovara wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when the 2nd batch of short listing for Dublin will be done?

Before the end of the month is what I heard. What number were you after stage 2?

Before the end of the month is what I heard. What number were you after stage 2?
    Was in the 900's after stage 2 & believe they got to 640 or so in the 1st batch

Could anyone confirm that they have been offered a placement outside of their own Dept please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DFT

Could anyone confirm that they have been offered a placement outside of their own Dept please?

I was placed in Justice from my department and am waiting for a release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DeltaDan

My colleague was top 20 and starts in their new Dept the week after next.

Good to hear panel is moving! Exciting times

Does anyone have any tips as to how to handle the presentation part of stage 3? I assume its the same as last year's

@Kanovara those of us who has been through the previous competition are limited in what we can tell you about it. When you get called into PAS they have you sign form agreeing that you wont disclose details of the competition on the internet, so as to prevent unfair advantage in future competitions. In any case, you receive fairly detailed information in advance of each stage of the competition. For Stage 3, the best thing you can do is practice, I 've already suggested professional presentation course above, have confidence and eye contact

• Advertisement

@Kanovara those of us who has been through the previous competition are limited in what we can tell you about it. When you get called into PAS they have you sign form agreeing that you wont disclose details of the competition on the internet, so as to prevent unfair advantage in future competitions. In any case, you receive fairly detailed information in advance of each stage of the competition. For Stage 3, the best thing you can do is practice, I 've already suggested professional presentation course above, have confidence and eye contact
    Thanks! Are there practice materials available?

They send you a pre presentation info booklet so sit down at home and examine then do a mini presentation under time constraints but nothing we can share could help, it's up to you to perform on the day. To be honest what you say in the presentation is less important to how you keep them engaged and how confident you stay.

Maybe wait and see if you're shortlisted first before you put a lot of effort in.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Those waiting to go through the shortlisting process for Dublin - they are supposedly going through another batch next week.

Jade182 wrote: »
    Those waiting to go through the shortlisting process for Dublin - they are supposedly going through another batch next week.

Would you know if its another 400?

Jade182 wrote: »

Implying that the 1st successful batch will be exhausted...
    I know 3 people placed on the panel who haven't heard a peep about being appointed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I understand the entire of batch 1 will be considered for appointment by the end of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Addle wrote: »
    Implying that the 1st successful batch will be exhausted...
    I know 3 people placed on the panel who haven't heard a peep about being appointed yet.
    This is only for going through the shortlisting process for interview.
    I'd assume they are just getting a head start on the next batch before they completely finish placing the first one.

Papers issued for vetting to Departments for people in late 30s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Lodger81

Papers issued for vetting to Departments for people in late 30s

Did you ring PAS or is this based on your own number if you don't mind me asking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement