Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Aoibhin84

It's based on fact, papers arriving here. I am sure they are sick of people ringing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kanovara

Aoibhin84 wrote: »
    It's based on fact, papers arriving here. I am sure they are sick of people ringing them!

How many people got through stage 4 & were placed on this first panel ? I believe they looked at top 400 with Dublin preference which brought them down to the 600's

I saw up to 680s somewhere.....

I saw up to 680s somewhere.....

Yes they got down to the 680's. How many of those made it to the panel ? I think I heard 275! Seems like a lot though

well this time I think the whole day for interview and presentation was organised better re time management , there wasn't as much hanging around, last year i went to Arnotts etc then for coffee and I lost my focus. my advice is to stay in the zone sit on a sofa somewhere in PAS and try not to interact with worried looking people focus on YOU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Kanovara wrote: »
    Yes they got down to the 680's. How many of those made it to the panel ? I think I heard 275! Seems like a lot though

I presume you mean 275 called for interview. The successful figures would I presume be less then 50 percent. What's the timeline from the last batch in terms of shortlisting result to interview to the
    interview result?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Lodger81

billyhead wrote: »
    I presume you mean 275 called for interview. The successful figures would I presume be less then 50 percent. What's the timeline from the last batch in terms of shortlisting result to interview to the
    interview result?

A little over three weeks from shortlisting result to interview result with the interview itself in the middle. Ran extraordinarily quick, next batch may not run at the same pace.

Yep that was similar timeline for me, I was at the end of the interviews and I got my result less than a week later:)

Yep that was similar timeline for me, I was at the end of the interviews and I got my result less than a week later:)

Wonder how many were placed on the panel out of that 275

• Advertisement

last number I heard was late 80s, it is such a tough selection process, much harder than last year in terms of the shortlisting but i found the interview and presentation day well organised. Some people don't need professional coaching but i think it helped me

Hopefully the next batch of shortlisting results will be out this week.

I'm just wondering ... what are the chances of getting through the shortlisting at a Regional level if you didn't in the recent Dublin shortlisting? Will they be going through the forms on a county bases or provisional? Or are we automatically excluded from the shortlisting because we failed it at the Dublin level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I'm just wondering ... what are the chances of getting through the shortlisting at a Regional level if you didn't in the recent Dublin shortlisting? Will they be going through the forms on a county bases or provisional? Or are we automatically excluded from the shortlisting because we failed it at the Dublin level?

If you didn't make it through shortlisting for Dublin, you're obviously finished with this competition in its entirety.

Hopefully the next batch of shortlisting results will be out this week.
    Is that just for Dublin again?

Addle wrote: »
    If you didn't make it through shortlisting for Dublin, you're obviously finished with this competition in its entirety.

Even though I had an other option down as well as Dublin?

• Advertisement

Yes.

Why do you think they'd apply different, less strict, procedures to areas outside of Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If you didn't make the shortlist for Dublin you are gone from whatever your other choice was. It's the same process for every area, just Dublin panel was looked at first.

Can't be giving people a second shot just because Dublin was one of their picks, level playing field.

Is that just for Dublin again?

I think it's everyone whom made it through stage 2.

Can/will someone post a link to the current (2018) HEO salary scale please?
    TIA

EDIT
    Found it...
    http://circulars.gov.ie/pdf/circular/per/2017/22.pdf

Any offers this week so far?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Just been shortlisted... boom!

Stage 4 commences 5 February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Was placed 1393 after supervised tests. Just got word that I didn't make it through shortlisting, despite extensive private sector management experience.

Ah well there's always next time.

Best of luck to all still in the pot!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Pronto63 wrote: »
    Was placed 1393 after supervised tests. Just got word that I didn't make it through shortlisting, despite extensive private sector management experience.

Ah well there's always next time.

Best of luck to all still in the pot!
    Hard luck, is this for Dublin or Regional?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

trinib wrote: »
    Hard luck, is this for Dublin or Regional?

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pixieprincess

Shortlisting on regional choices to start shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Great news. Good luck to all. :)

I'd love to see everyone placed who got through first round too in roles! good luck to those through to interview

Anone know anything about the appeals procedure? Or have been through it?

Any idea of what no. on the panel they've reached now?
    Must be in the 1000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

Kanovara wrote: »
    Anone know anything about the appeals procedure? Or have been through it?

What would you like to know? I would encourage you to lodge an appeal, however please bear in mind that it is highly, highly unlikely that the outcome of the decision would change. I think it's really worth people voicing their dissatisfaction with the process, but I don't want anyone to get their hopes up that an appeal would change the result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Next stage for regional candidates to begin in March, post shortlisting.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Next stage for regional candidates to begin in March, post shortlisting.

Is March shortly?!
    I suppose it can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is March shortly?!
    I suppose it can be.

Post shortlisting

yabadabado wrote: »
    Post shortlisting

I hope there isn't as much waiting around after the interviews as before for regional candidates.

Is March shortly?!
    I suppose it can be.

Hi Addle,

To clarify - here is the actual message:

Please note that we will begin Stage 3- Shortlisting for candidates who selected regional locations shortly.

The top ranked candidates who are successful at Stage 3- Shortlisting will be invited to Stage 4 (Interview & Presentation/Analysis Exercise) in March 2018.

I hope that helps!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BF9000

Finished top 50, nothing back since the pre-clearance email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

BF9000 wrote: »
    Finished top 50, nothing back since the pre-clearance email.

I’m in the same boat, probably get offers this week.
    On another note there must be a huge number of regional applicants if they are only doing 2 Dublin batches..can’t see there being enough left for a third one?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 alrightiwill

love_love wrote: »
    What would you like to know? I would encourage you to lodge an appeal, however please bear in mind that it is highly, highly unlikely that the outcome of the decision would change. I think it's really worth people voicing their dissatisfaction with the process, but I don't want anyone to get their hopes up that an appeal would change the result.

I'm unsure how to even lodge an appeal. Can't find any clear instructions on the site, I'm sure I'm just overlooking something. Could you point me in the right direction?

I agree that I don't think it will change the result. I hope though that I gain more insight on where my examples were lacking and build upon that.

Just got my interview date their. I will have a wait of 2 1/2 hours between the interview and presentation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Optiplexy99

Just got my interview date their. I will have a wait of 2 1/2 hours between the interview and presentation.

Interview date for Dublin region? Thanks!!
    Best of luck

Interview date for Dublin region? Thanks!!
    Best of luck

Yes. Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

I'm unsure how to even lodge an appeal. Can't find any clear instructions on the site, I'm sure I'm just overlooking something. Could you point me in the right direction?

I agree that I don't think it will change the result. I hope though that I gain more insight on where my examples were lacking and build upon that.

The original advertisement/information booklet explains how to go about it, which I would recommend looking at because that will give you the deets and link you to the code of practice so you can familiarise yourself.

Unfortunately, you won't get any additional personalised feedback. It's really worrying how untransparent the process is to be honest. I haven't had the energy to pursue it any further yet but I do intend to eventually. For all the good that will do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spencer105

So anyone get any offers this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Tomjim

Where would I find a similar exercise on the presentation/Memo, would there be anything similar online?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Phonecrazy

Got notice of assignment today. I’m in the 50s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Lodger81

Phonecrazy wrote: »

If you don’t mind me asking, are you moving to a new department or being kept within your current office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BF9000

Phonecrazy wrote: »
    Just realised I didn't get an acknowledgement of receipt of my pre clearance notice. Did anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spencer105

They didn't send one out.
    I rang to check they got mine just to be sure. I got assigned on Thursday. Dept of Justice. Delighted
    BF9000 wrote: »
    Just realised I didn't get an acknowledgement of receipt of my pre clearance notice. Did anyone else?

Hi All, How long does shortlisting take, please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Candy457

I'm in the 60's and have received my offer so I guess everyone from the first panel has now received offers..?

• Advertisement
Advertisement