Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

I'm wondering a about this too. I did interview& presentation during week of 12th to 16th March. Not feeling very hopeful of passing. Anyone know when I will be put out of my misery?

You'd imagine it wouldn't be too long given that they weren't interviewing that many people. Friday week could be a possibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Chieftain wrote: »
    You'd imagine it wouldn't be too long given that they weren't interviewing that many people. Friday week could be a possibility

Or 5pm this Thursday!!

I hope I made the panel but I'm prepared to be disappointed, I didn't feel I was at my best.

I think I overdid it on the coffee; there was a very fancy pod coffee machine in my hotel room and I made full use of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Doubt anyone on panel 2 for Dublin will hear anything this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mini15

I did interview for regionals on 15th, I asked the facilitator how long the interviews were going on and he said they were only on that week so I thought we would have had results this week...anyone know how long it usually takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Penny22

Anyone know how many were interviewed for Regional Panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wexmoth

I was placed in the low 1300s in the OOM and have just been called for presentation and interview on 18th April - my birthday! Wasn't expecting to be called as I thought I was too far down the OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭AprilMayJune

Wexmoth wrote: »
    I was placed in the low 1300s in the OOM and have just been called for presentation and interview on 18th April - my birthday! Wasn't expecting to be called as I thought I was too far down the OOM.

Congrats is that for regional or Dublin? Did you get the message today?

Congrats is that for regional or Dublin? Did you get the message today?

Thanks. For Dublin. Received the email yesterday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Wexmoth wrote: »

Thats a nice birthday present!
    Best of good luck.

Thats a nice birthday present!
    Best of good luck.

:) Thanks. My line manager went from CO to HEO last year so, hopefully, she'll be able to give me plenty of good tips.

And that I can put them into practice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Rosie110

yes, 3 staff in Garda HR, Navan were kept when they did the 2016 HEO competition. the latest appointment was made the last week in February 2018. So it is possible to remain in the same area, especially if you are friends with mgmt.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marls17

Rosie110 wrote: »
    yes, 3 staff in Garda HR, Navan were kept when they did the 2016 HEO competition. the latest appointment was made the last week in February 2018. So it is possible to remain in the same area, especially if you are friends with mgmt.

How would that work if you've made Dublin panel and not regional panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rosie110

Marls17 wrote: »
    How would that work if you've made Dublin panel and not regional panel?

i have no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

It's probably from the 2016 competition.
    Departments can pull candidates from the panels if they require particular expertise/qualifications.
    The successful candidates have still made the panel on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Curiousg33

Just a quick question regarding HEO competencies if allowed. The form has a different layout to the competencies outlined. Do the board question you solely on the form or address the HEO competencies outlined in the familiarisation material?

As far as I remember it followed the form. Have you managed to get a later date for your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Curiousg33

As far as I remember it followed the form. Have you managed to get a later date for your interview?

Thanks for replying. Yeah, they let me defer. I’m doing the interview with the Dublin batch but will get my order of merit for my regional preferences. I didn’t think it would come around so quick but am up the 17th April, aah!! Just trying to do some prep between feeds!

Curiousg33 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying. Yeah, they let me defer. I’m doing the interview with the Dublin batch but will get my order of merit for my regional preferences. I didn’t think it would come around so quick but am up the 17th April, aah!! Just trying to do some prep between feeds!

Best of luck! I wonder will they wait until after the 17th to issue the results.

Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me how many were pulled for regional interviews? What number did they get to and if PAS pulled from the pool of all successful candidates or from solely the regional pool? Also what does OOM stand for?!thanks in advance ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 daenis123

Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me how many were pulled for regional interviews? What number did they get to and if PAS pulled from the pool of all successful candidates or from solely the regional pool? Also what does OOM stand for?!thanks in advance ðŸ˜

Marls17
    Order Of Merit = OOM
    PAS email said they called up to 731 in the OOM for presentation for Regional candidates. There may or may not be a further round. There are 2 strands at the mo. One Dublin only, one regions. All pulled from same set of exam results. Other panels may still be in existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kjh100

daenis123 wrote: »
    Marls17
    Order Of Merit = OOM
    PAS email said they called up to 731 in the OOM for presentation for Regional candidates. There may or may not be a further round. There are 2 strands at the mo. One Dublin only, one regions. All pulled from same set of exam results. Other panels may still be in existence.

I was 420 on oom. Was shortlisted but info I got was that they only called as far as 400 on oom for batch 1 regional.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pixieprincess

Kjh100 wrote: »
    I was 420 on oom. Was shortlisted but info I got was that they only called as far as 400 on oom for batch 1 regional.

Same for me. They told me they were not calling after 400 for presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 daenis123

Same for me. They told me they were not calling after 400 for presentation.

My bad. The email says 731 for SHORTLIST. The presentation just picked the 400 after this process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Apparently initial placements are now being made for the Dublin region?

poundhound wrote: »

Any idea what number they're up to? 😰😬

• Advertisement

What number would you know are they are calling to and I presume this is panel 2?

Yes, Im referring to panel 2. I know someone in the top 10 who has been placed. I dont know anymore than that.

Results just out, I'm through with higher scores than imagined... (but no panel placement just yet). I'm delighted that I made it through at all... it was a tough morning! Hope the rest of you regionals did well too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stillstandin

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Results just out, I'm through with higher scores than imagined... (but no panel placement just yet). I'm delighted that I made it through at all... it was a tough morning! Hope the rest of you regionals did well too! :D

Well done. I got through too. Such a tough process so very pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Summer2017

I also got through. Where are your choices of regional locations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mini15

I got through too, strange we got no OOM at this stage...most results in the 60's here.

Just got one of my regions' OOM. I'm top of the list!!

To say I'm delighted would be an understatement (I know there weren't many of us interviewed that week but still!!!)

Aglomerado wrote: »

To say I'm delighted would be an understatement (I know there weren't many of us interviewed that week but still!!!)

Congratulations, very well done

Got my regional placing anyway and in top 5 so am delighted. I did interview training with RD Interview skills (rdinterviewskills@gmail.com) and it made a very big difference for me this time. I didn't quite make it last time so thrilled to be on the panel now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Aglomerado wrote:

Aglomerado wrote:

You're a long time patiently waiting for a regional promotion. I've seen you very patiently wait out a number of competitions, hanging on for regional preference.
    So sincere congratulations Aglomerado!

An Ri rua wrote: »
    You're a long time patiently waiting for a regional promotion. I've seen you very patiently wait out a number of competitions, hanging on for regional preference.
    So sincere congratulations Aglomerado!

Thanks a million An Ri rua. All comes to those who wait (never give up trying!) :)

Those shortlisted on Panel 2 (Dublin) are currently being offered positions. Its up to the mid 20's at this stage. Moving along nicely.

Those shortlisted on Panel 2 (Dublin) are currently being offered positions. Its up to the mid 20's at this stage. Moving along nicely.

Hi poundhound, not that I doubt you but where are you getting your information?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadm1989

I had been talking to PAS on wednesday and they said they are placing a LARGE number from the batch 2 at the moment, who knows how many a large number is. how many is in the batch?
    Does anybody know what departments people are being placed in at the moment

Has anyone on panel 2 and in the top 10/20 been placed? Waiting for that phone call is an eternity☎️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadm1989

Has anyone on panel 2 and in the top 10/20 been placed? Waiting for that phone call is an eternity☎️

where are you on the panel? the lady said a large number being processed, so it shouldnt be long

I am in the top 20 and haven't heard anything from PAS. They are working on clearance at the moment as far as I know and will place as vacancies come available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Delta114

One of my colleagues is in the first 10 and was offered a position yesterday in a different department. I'm in the mid 50's and I rang PAS this afternoon to try and find out what's happening and was told that preclearance is taking place at the moment so it will be 2 weeks before I hear anything myself. I'm looking to stay in my own department and my own HR rang my HEO last week checking on sick leave, PMDS rating etc.

Delta114 wrote: »
    One of my colleagues is in the first 10 and was offered a position yesterday in a different department. I'm in the mid 50's and I rang PAS this afternoon to try and find out what's happening and was told that preclearance is taking place at the moment so it will be 2 weeks before I hear anything myself. I'm looking to stay in my own department and my own HR rang my HEO last week checking on sick leave, PMDS rating etc.

They must have just called the top 10 so. The worse part of all this is colleagues asking have you gotten a date yet/heard anything back etc as if they want to get rid of you or something:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

I believe there is an internal HEO in Ag at the moment- anyone know at what stage that competition is at? Haven't heard anything through the grapevine..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megidje

Shortlisting taking place now - presentation in May and then interviews May/June.

billyhead wrote: »
    They must have just called the top 10 so. The worse part of all this is colleagues asking have you gotten a date yet/heard anything back etc as if they want to get rid of you or something:)

Panelists outside of the top 10 have received offers, I can assure you of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Panelists outside of the top 10 have received offers, I can assure you of that.

Are they staying in their current departments?

I am just outside the top 10 and haven't heard a thing yet. Do Pas not place people in chronological order as per the panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 TakedaKenshin

I was 25th on Panel 2 for Dublin and got placed in a new department last thursday.

Advertisement