Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marls17

Just wondering where the process is at now? Anyone receive offers today...if so what number are you?! Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rosie110

The managers in Garda HR Navan who told us their pal got HEO from the PAS panel has reverted so there should be a vacancy in Navan now from the HEO panel. After a week or two she decided the role was too much for her even though her job never really changed???? Odd but true!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rosie110

Delta114 wrote: »
    One of my colleagues is in the first 10 and was offered a position yesterday in a different department. I'm in the mid 50's and I rang PAS this afternoon to try and find out what's happening and was told that preclearance is taking place at the moment so it will be 2 weeks before I hear anything myself. I'm looking to stay in my own department and my own HR rang my HEO last week checking on sick leave, PMDS rating etc.
    a girl in my office said she got no. 11 after doing the exam in January 2018. She was given HEO beginning of February. All happened very quickly. Managers in Garda HR Navan kept her. she has since decided she doesn't want the job saying it was too much work.. even though her job never changed.

So, there is a vacancy in Navan now for a HEO from PAS panel... good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luckymummy

Hi, can anybody offer advice about the interview. I have mine this Thursday ðŸ™ðŸ» Are the competencies solely team leadership, analysis and decision making, managing projects, and personal and communication skills? I’m am so nervous I feel like backing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

Luckymummy wrote: »
    Hi, can anybody offer advice about the interview. I have mine this Thursday ðŸ™ðŸ» Are the competencies solely team leadership, analysis and decision making, managing projects, and personal and communication skills? I’m am so nervous I feel like backing out.

Hi Luckymummy,

Just make sure you know your form and have different examples to back each one up. Read any material that was sent to you in relation to the interview.

Try not to be nervous and try to relax as much as possible before tomorrow.

Do not back out, this is a great experience even if you just look at it as a learning curve.

Give yourself loads of time to get there, relax while you are waiting, go in and be yourself and don't forget to breath!

I hope it goes really well for you.
    Best of luck! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

maydream wrote: »
    Hi Luckymummy,

Just make sure you know your form and have different examples to back each one up. Read any material that was sent to you in relation to the interview.

Do not back out, this is a great experience even if you just look at it as a learning curve.

Give yourself loads of time to get there, relax while you are waiting, go in and be yourself and don't forget to breath!

My board really stuck to the competency framework. It was tough, but there were no curveball questions. The board will try to help you rather than trip you up.

I think the set up in PAS for interviews is very good. It's lovely and quiet while you're waiting. Get there early and take time to relax.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luckymummy

maydream wrote: »
    Hi Luckymummy,

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Dublin Panel 2 placings now into the 30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Summer18

Hi there.
    What departments are being offered..?
    Any idea how fast panel will move?

@ Summer18:

Placings have been made in all government departments and have progressed at a rate of 10 every 4-5 days.

No idea if this pace will be maintained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mini15

I’m guessing that is the Dublin panel...any movement on the regional lists?

Perfect.
    Im in the 70's for the Dublin panel so heres hoping i hear this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jiambo

poundhound wrote: »
    Dublin Panel 2 placings now into the 30's.

Your posts contradict what other posters are saying, im in the 20s and haven't heard anything yet.

My postings are based on people I know on this panel getting offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marls17

@ Summer18:

Placings have been made in all government departments and have progressed at a rate of 10 every 4-5 days.

No idea if this pace will be maintained.

Hi poundhound, Im not sure that placing is happening across all departments. DEASP for example are not using the interpartmental competition for promotions and are solely relying on internal panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stillstandin

Quote: BF9000
    Just realised I didn't get an acknowledgement of receipt of my pre clearance notice. Did anyone else?

3 months ago

27/01/2018 15:48

Spencer105
    They didn't send one out.
    I rang to check they got mine just to be sure. I got assigned on Thursday. Dept of Justice. Delighted

Can someone explain what does pre-clearance involve. Who requests it? Who responds to the request? When will I know it's being done for me? Is it possible I would not be notified at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadm1989

Just realised I didn't get an acknowledgement of receipt of my pre clearance notice. Did anyone else?

3 months ago

Spencer105
    I rang to check they got mine just to be sure. I got assigned on Thursday. Dept of Justice. Delighted

Can someone explain what does pre-clearance involve. Who requests it? Who responds to the request? When will I know it's being done for me? Is it possible I would not be notified at all?

do you mind me asking what position on the panel were you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭blue_blue

Standard procedure is the petitioning HR department verifies your documentation. They raise a garda vetting request which is emailed to you for completion (previous address history, etc). When you’ve completed it, the application is then sent back to the HR dept for approval. Once approved it’s submitted for the *actual* garda vetting which can take a few weeks. You can track the progress of the vetting application before it’s finally approved by the gardai. All contact will garda vetting is by email.

do you mind me asking what position on the panel were you?

I'm on a regional panel in top 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

3 months ago

Spencer105

It involves checking your Pmds outcomes and sick leave record. They would have took your health declaration from you already.

• Advertisement

Received my offer today and I'm in the early 60's (Dublin 2 panel).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

On a Saturday?
    PAS must be under pressure.

Addle wrote: »
    On a Saturday?
    PAS must be under pressure.

A friend got her EO offer on a Saturday back in January so not unusual! Edit: Happy for you poundhound!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hiya poundhound- could you clarify is this with your current Home Department- or is it with an entirely different Department?

Thks!

@ The-Conductor
    Despite requesting to stay in my current department, my offer is elsewhere.

I was notified of the department, but no time or location as yet.

@ The-Conductor
    Despite requesting to stay in my current department, my offer is elsewhere.

I was notified of the department, but no time or location as yet.

Good luck in your new position. I'm sure your current department's loss will be your new department's gain.

It baffles though how an employee's years of experience seem to hold no value within the system when these placements are being made.

Thats great. Delighted .
    If there in the 60's hopefully mine wont be too far away .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

Can anyone tell what experience they had of the time span from the notification of the assignment to being contacted by your newly assigned too dept/office? Does your home dept/office have to negotiate a release date for you first?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spencer105

billyhead wrote: »
    Can anyone tell what experience they had of the time span from the notification of the assignment to being contacted by your newly assigned too dept/office? Does your home dept/office have to negotiate a release date for you first?[/quote

Hi Billyhead.

For me it was 3 months from panelling to starting. I stayed in my own dept and had to wait an extra week to be released. It was about 4 weeks from finding out what dept to start date. The wait is frustrating as colleagues will plague you questions about when you're leaving. Hope that helps ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 brownstove

Hi

Anyone know of any movement in the region's yet?

brownstove wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone know of any movement in the region's yet?

Nothing in my region so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Well considering only the mayo panel was exhausted from the last competition, I don't think it bodes well for the immediate future of the regional panels.
    Hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

Addle wrote: »
    Well considering only the mayo panel was exhausted from the last competition, I don't think it bodes well for the immediate future of the regional panels.
    Hope I'm wrong though.

I hope you are wrong too lol! I am hopeful that at least the first batch placed on the regional panel should get placed. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed we start to hear something soon!

According to the circular regarding the 2016 competition, that panel was to close on 30/03/2018.
    https://circulars.gov.ie/pdf/circular/per/2016/05.pdf

There is a new regional panel from the 2017 comp!

• Advertisement

brownstove wrote: »
    There is a new regional panel from the 2017 comp!

How high did they go for the regionals- versus the Dublin panel?
    Aka- you could be high enough up on the Dublin panel- and simply not feature for the regionals- despite being in the top 50 on the Dublin panel- how is this structured- and what does it mean.........?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Out of interest are those assigned generally starting on the first point of the salary scale or is there provision to start on a higher point? The guidelines are not the clearest

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Out of interest are those assigned generally starting on the first point of the salary scale or is there provision to start on a higher point? The guidelines are not the clearest

It's an InterD comp so you will start on the closest up HEO point from your current grade increment point.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megidje

I'm on a regional panel in top 10

Hi stillstandin
    Any harm in asking which region you are in?

Megidje wrote: »
    Hi stillstandin

Curious too....
    Also- is there any movement happening on the regional panels?
    Lack of information from PAS- and the order of merit for the regionals is less than half that of the Dublin panel- while the posts in Dublin being taken up- does keep the regional panels moving- its artificial movement........

Vis-a-vis the Dublin panels- which Departments are still taking candidates?
    Some Departments have obviously cleared the 'debts' they owed to this panel- and are promoting from internal panels again- its hard to get a feel for whats actually happening.

• Advertisement

Hi stillstandin

Limerick and Tipperary

Hi stillstandin

What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megidje

Mayo and Galway here

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Getupdyard

Mayo and Galway here
    Have the new panels been formed? PAS advised next week for results?

Getupdyard wrote: »
    Have the new panels been formed? PAS advised next week for results?

Regional panels formed 2 weeks ago.
    What results are due next week? Is it another Dublin panel or second regional batch?

Anyone any idea how far they've gone down the list for the regional panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chrissy2

Hi there,

Can anybody tell me please how long it usual takes to be placed after clearance? Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Hi Chrissy, mine only took 3 working days, was well impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chrissy2

trigger26 wrote: »
    Hi Chrissy, mine only took 3 working days, was well impressed.

Wow that is quick. Thank you :)

What area trigger26

• Advertisement
Advertisement