Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MaisieMoo

They have only called the first 400 for regional interviews so far. No word yet on whether they will call any more.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

MaisieMoo wrote: »
    They have only called the first 400 for regional interviews so far. No word yet on whether they will call any more.

Departments are giving current staff in Dublin regional moves as part of the now restarted 'mobility' programme- as there is a large cohort of staff in Dublin- many of them for years- who have been desperate to get to a more suitable location- and now have that opportunity for the first time in a long time.

Someone mentioned up to 720 called on the order of merit for regional panels. Up to about 1,400 on the order of merit already have offers on the Dublin panel- so 720 on the regional order of merit- may be a much lower number of paneled candidates (perhaps 120-150)- and thats in all counties other than Dublin.

I think this is going to be a waiting game- that none of us are going to have reasonable expectation of taking for granted...........

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paul 27

Hey guys haven't been following the tread for a while what number have they actually gotten up to in Dublin ? Have thye used up batch two yet? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

Lads, when is this competition due to expire? Didn't apply for it as I was still feeling bruised from the previous competition and I'm feeling the deep burning regret now.. I need a timeframe to aim for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Lads, when is this competition due to expire? Didn't apply for it as I was still feeling bruised from the previous competition and I'm feeling the deep burning regret now.. I need a timeframe to aim for!

This panel expires in October 2019, but a new competition will be announced in advance of that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DubRes

paul 27 wrote: »
    Hey guys haven't been following the tread for a while what number have they actually gotten up to in Dublin ? Have thye used up batch two yet? Thanks

Paul I’d love to know too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Folks, asking for non boardie friend. Is anyone aware of movement in the Limerick side of this competition?

SeaFields wrote: »
    Folks, asking for non boardie friend. Is anyone aware of movement in the Limerick side of this competition?

Not that I am aware of. I'm very high on the Limerick panel but I'm dropping out as I have accepted a position in my other region. So one less for your friend to worry about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OurLad82

DubRes wrote: »
    Paul I’d love to know too...

I was placed 75 on Batch 2 of the Dublin panel and was appointed on 14th May if that's any use to anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Its over the 100 mark for Dublin batch 2 now.

• Advertisement

Batch two must be nearly run through so

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GS2K

SeaFields wrote: »

I emailed them today and there have been no offers for Limerick yet. I had accepted Clare and was told the position was in Ennis, 2 weeks later i was told it was Kilrush so i'm back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stillstandin

GS2K wrote: »
    I emailed them today and there have been no offers for Limerick yet. I had accepted Clare and was told the position was in Ennis, 2 weeks later i was told it was Kilrush so i'm back to square one.

Do you mean that you have had to turn down Clare? does this now result in you being removed from the Clare panel and only remain on the limerick panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dub Counsel

Any news on Dublin panel? I am in 'clearance' and told they got necessary info from my Personnel Department. Hoping to get Local Government, Planning and Housing. Not working there are present.

Any news on Dublin panel? I am in 'clearance' and told they got necessary info from my Personnel Department. Hoping to get Local Government, Planning and Housing. Not working there are present.

I think the first of batch 3 were placed this week my partner was but she is staying put in her Department

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭1100010110

Erm....., Does canvassing of any form disqualify the candidate?

1100010110 wrote: »
    Erm....., Does canvassing of any form disqualify the candidate?

I would think so, yes! It's in the information booklets somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MaisieMoo

I know that there are some regional interviews in the next few weeks. Is it only for people who selected certain areas or will everyone in the next few hundred be called? They have already interviewed the first 400 regional candidates. I'm in the 400's and haven't heard anything but I know of people in the 700's and 800's who are being called. I tried ringing PAS on Friday but they weren't answering the phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Scobette

I was in the high 400's and have been called I'm based in the west I wonder do they do it go by location and what's available - I know of 2 people in my region that have been appointed from the first batch of regionals

• Registered Users Posts: 15 brownstove

Has anyone actually been promoted off a regional panel yet?

brownstove wrote: »

Yes! I'm starting as a HEO tomorrow! :) (Regional)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lyrathfox

I'm on 2 regional panels (Munster areas). No1 and No 4 and no call for either yet. I emailed PAS and I was informed there are no vacancies in these areas yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 brownstove

Aglomerado wrote: »

Congrats, do u mind me asking what region and what Dept?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I've heard of someone pulled off the Mayo panel.

• Advertisement

Congrats, do u mind me asking what region and what Dept?

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

Ah great new... best of luck!!

maydream wrote: »
    Ah great new... best of luck!!

Many thanks! I'm really nervous tonight! :D

Congrats! Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Aglomerado wrote:
    Bolt from the blue!

Aglomerado wrote:
    Worth a try yet again.

Aglomerado wrote:
    Good luck folks!

The Wheel of Life. You'll be great Aglomerado. Its been a long time coming.

• Advertisement

An Ri rua wrote: »
    The Wheel of Life. You'll be great Aglomerado. Its been a long time coming.
    Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hellothere77

Hey congrats to all who were successful this time. I am up again in next few weeks to give it another shot. Can anyone give a clue as to what presentation is about this time? Any help appreciated (as failed last presentation!)

Someone a few posts back said there was another cohort of regional candidates being brought to interview.
    Any idea how far up they're going in the order of merit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bridie402

Hey congrats to all who were successful this time. I am up again in next few weeks to give it another shot. Can anyone give a clue as to what presentation is about this time? Any help appreciated (as failed last presentation!)

May I ask are you on the Dublin only Panel or the regional panel?
    Also would you mind saying where abouts you were on panel after the supervised test approx please?

I am on the regional panel only - after supervised tested placed in the 1300's - a long way off...
    Best of luck with interview!!!!

Bridie402 wrote: »
    May I ask are you on the Dublin only Panel or the regional panel?
    Also would you mind saying where abouts you were on panel after the supervised test approx please?

I am on the regional panel only - after supervised tested placed in the 1300's - a long way off...
    Best of luck with interview!!!!

I am regional think after testing was about 460. I'm still deciding to go for it or not as im dreadful at presentations! Have no idea of how far they are going up fingers crossed for you

(Any presentation advice from anyone appreciated)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Ignore please

I am regional think after testing was about 460. I'm still deciding to go for it or not as im dreadful at presentations! Have no idea of how far they are going up fingers crossed for you

(Any presentation advice from anyone appreciated)

Thank you!!! :-)

Go for it!! def an experience & you never know you might do very well!!

I suppose know your form 100% & maybe practise writing reports & then practise doing presentation on that report - im not 100% sure TBH as i havent done the interview...

best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ballingarry

I think you should always go for it. The best way of getting better at presentations is to actually do one. you will at the minimum then have experience that you can call on in the future. Best of luck.

Hi, May I ask how much notice do you get for your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pixieprincess

Batch 2 regional results out today! :) Interview was only on Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Bridie402 wrote: »
    Hi, May I ask how much notice do you get for your interview?

Maybe 2 or 3 weeks

Batch 2 regional results out today! :) Interview was only on Tuesday.

You get it?

Yup got through. Very excited! Great way to start the weekend!

Is that Dublin and/or regional?

Yup got through. Very excited! Great way to start the weekend!

Me too can't believe it

Addle wrote: »
    Is that Dublin and/or regional?

Regional

It’s regional. Could not go back to commuting to Dublin. Two regional choices.

It’s regional. Could not go back to commuting to Dublin. Two regional choices.

I wouldn't blame you! When does this panel close?

Regional

Interesting. Well done.
    This thread doesn't read like many have been called off regional panels yet.

• Advertisement

Me too can't believe it

Congratulations!!! :) I don’t think this panel closes until Jan 2019, but I could be wrong.

Advertisement