Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting small amount of furniture from England

Options
  • 15-08-2017 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions for the simplest/cheapest way of getting a small amount of furniture from England to Dublin. It's a large chest of drawers and a couple of bookcases that come from my parents' house. It's too large to fit into the back of the car.

I know one option is to hire a van, and take the ferry over, drive down, load up, and bring it back. Am I likely to be able to get someone to do it for less than that will cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,416 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Would it not be more practical to just buy some? If moving back to England, just sell it. Possibly cheaper than van hire.

Moving companies might do part loads - you might need to shop around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

I used a company called anyvan.ie post the job & companies will quote you to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I used Shiply to tender for moving a car from Ireland to the UK, and it was a simple process. They also do furniture.

Put your requirements into https://www.shiply.com and wait for offers to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Victor wrote: »
    Would it not be more practical to just buy some? If moving back to England, just sell it. Possibly cheaper than van hire.

Moving companies might do part loads - you might need to shop around.

It might well be more practical to buy new, but some of this is antique furniture that originally comes from my grandparents and would be hard to find.

Advertisement