Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mistake on surname

Options
  • 15-08-2017 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Hi noticed that theres extra letter added to my surname while checking statement online,now have gone back and looked at paper statements years old and seems somehow i didnt notice or missed it, that said when giving payment details for someone will that be an issue,when i provide correct name and surname,since surname is quite unique and one letter in the mid is apparent.thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

HI scamalert,

Thanks for your post.

It shouldn't affect any payments going into the account once the IBAN and BIC is correct.

We would advise that you visit your local branch with photo ID if you wish to correct this and an advisor will be happy to help you.

Have a nice day.

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

hi thx for response yes that's what i was told on the phone,since looking at old paper statements it was there for years but never caused issues with getting payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi,

You're very welcome. 

As mentioned it wouldn't affect any payments going in or out.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Have a nice day.

Thanks

Kareana

Advertisement