If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" TV, which brand

Options
  • 15-08-2017 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

We would like to buy a 55" TV. Just wondering what choices we have for €1k budget.

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

qingliqici wrote: »
    We would like to buy a 55" TV. Just wondering what choices we have for €1k budget.

Many thanks
    Hi Qingliqici.

Thanks for the post.

There are several that you could have a look at:

Samsung UE55MU6100 coming in at 899.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202632-ue55mu6100.aspx

Sony KD55XE7002 priced at 899.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202710-bravia-kd55xe7002.aspx

Hisense have the 55N6800 coming in at 949.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202663-55n6800.aspx

The LG 55UJ670 priced at a little over budget at 1099 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202523-55uj670v.aspx

Let me know if any catch your eye or if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 qingliqici

Many thanks, Kenny

Can I say the Hisense 55N6800 has the highest specs in the list? If it is, I wonder if it is a good choice?

Amazon.co.uk, it is for £788.14. Can you do this price?

Many thanks, Kenny

Can I say the Hisense 55N6800 has the highest specs in the list? If it is, I wonder if it is a good choice?

Hi Qingliqici.

The Hisense would be the highest spec listed and they have been very very popular as you get a lot of TV for the money.

Unfortunately I could not offer to beat the Amazon price as it only includes a 1 year warranty where as we give our 6 year free of charge with our price.
    I'm nearly sure that Amazon charge a delivery fee for the South of Ireland.

Our sterling price is £799 with £6.99 shipping and includes our 6 year at home guarantee free of charge.

Many thanks, Kenny

Hi Qingliqici.

The Hisense would be the highest spec listed and they have been very very popular as you get a lot of TV for the money.

Unfortunately I could not offer to beat the Amazon price as it only includes a 1 year warranty where as we give our 6 year free of charge with our price.

Our sterling price is £799 with £6.99 shipping and includes our 6 year at home guarantee free of charge.
    Sounds good. How can we place the order? 

Many thanks, Kenny

Hi Qingliqici.

Hey Qingliqici.

You can order direct through our website:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202663-55n6800.aspx

or PM me your contact number and I can give you a call for details.

• Advertisement

Many thanks, Kenny

Hi Qingliqici.

Hey Qingliqici.

Thanks Kenny - just ordered it through your website - the price is £699. 

Many thanks, Kenny

Hi Qingliqici.

Hey Qingliqici.

Thanks Kenny - just ordered it through your website - the price is £699. 
    Even better.

It must have just went down in price over the last hour :D

Thanks for the order.

Many thanks, Kenny

Hi Qingliqici.

Hey Qingliqici.

Hi Kenny,

The TV works fine, and we like it. But we cannot upgrade/update the system - the TV shows a message and asks for update. But the update stopped at 94% and failed a couple of times. We wonder if you can let us know how to update it?

Thanks,

Many thanks, Kenny

Hi Qingliqici.

Hey Qingliqici.

Hi Kenny,

The TV works fine, and we like it. But we cannot upgrade/update the system - the TV shows a message and asks for update. But the update stopped at 94% and failed a couple of times. We wonder if you can let us know how to update it?

Thanks,
    Hi Qingliqici.

You should be able to access firmware updates with the menu system.

It should be under the support section or the information section depending on the menu version.

If this still keeps failing you can call Hisense and they will post it out to you on a USB drive and you can install it from there onto the television.

I also found this on AV Forums that seems to have worked for pretty much everybody that has had this issue.

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]"1. Unzip the download file to your desktop or a place where you can find it.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]2. Ensure the uncompressed file is called [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]upgrade_loader.pkg[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]. If not then try unzipping the resulting file again. [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I think mine didn't necessarily have the same file name though[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]3. Copy the file [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]upgrade_loader.pkg[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] to a USB memory stick — once copied safely eject the memory stick from your computer.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]4. Switch the TV power off at the wall, or using the switch on the TV, if present.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]5. Insert the memory stick into TV USB port[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]6. Hold the standby button down on the remote control (Red button at the top of the remote) whilst pointing the remote at the TV and switch the TV power back on. Keep holding the standby button on the remote until you see the download progress screen or the ‘Hisense’ logo followed by ‘Updating Software’.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]7. The update procedure can take up to 15 minutes. The TV may restart once or twice during the process. Once completed, your TV should return back to normal TV channels or the previous input source."[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]https://Tinyurl.com/y9hymwcq if you use your computer or laptop and enter in the link at the start into your internet browser it will download the firmware update onto your device and then you can follow the above points to complete the update.[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.