Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse/Biffy Clyro - Belfast Vital - Anyone going?

Options
  • 15-08-2017 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

As the title says. Anyone going to this gig? How are y'all getting there and back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Yeah going to this and Kasabian the night before in CHq. Always well run gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Yeah going to this and Kasabian the night before in CHq. Always well run gigs.

Me and my mate heading to both as well, can't wait.

Anyone know any good spots to go before/after for a few pints?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

The Kings head is a decent bar near the venue, its on the Lisburn rd, Voodoo in Belfast city centre is a good spot for after.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Also doing a double bill with Kasabian & then Muse! I'm delighted that they're both playing. Not a Biffy Clyro fan though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

The Kings head is a decent bar near the venue, its on the Lisburn rd, Voodoo in Belfast city centre is a good spot for after.

I think The Kings Head is closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What's the deal with parking around Boucher Fields? I was there for Foos but that was using public transport.

Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Yes can't wait two of my favourite bands. Show be a great show. Anyone know stage times ?

Email today mentioned doors at 4, Fangclub at 4.30. Would imagine it to be:

Nothing But Thieves 5.45
    Biffy Clyro 7.00
    Muse 8.45

I see parking can be got at Kings Hall, may just head there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Heading to both gigs as well. Accuweather says mostly cloudy with a little rain for Tuesday and clouds and sun with a shower for Wednesday, it will do, better than a washout!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'm going to both gigs too :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Driving up on Wed morning, back down Thurs. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone getting a bus or anything like that up? I've booked myself 3 tickets with a crowd I found on facebook, but I couldn't find anyone who have used them before on boards. Hoping I don't get ripped off... I booked with them cause they have a bus going from Drogheda (where I live) and return to Drogheda aswell.

Hey Wing126, whats the bus company called?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Thanks! Have never heard of that crowd! The website looks a bit amateur but I'm sure they're okay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Wing126 wrote: »

I considered this company for Slane this year. I think I found a better looking website, which might have influenced my decision to use a different one. They're probably fine though.

Opened with Assassin and Dead Star at a charity gig in London tonight. I hope they keep them in the setlist for Wednesday

Muscle Museum now too!!!

Mushy wrote: »
    Opened with Assassin and Dead Star at a charity gig in London tonight. I hope they keep them in the setlist for Wednesday

Muscle Museum now too!!!
    That was a fan selected setlist.  I'd say it'll be way different on Wednesday night.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »

Muscle Museum now too!!!
    That was a fan selected setlist.  I'd say it'll be way different on Wednesday night.

Aye indeed, but they have been sound checking Assassin, Glorious and Fury in the States. So if got 2 of tonight's setlist in there, happy days.

This will be my first time seeing Muse live.  I've seen Biffy before so I know what to expect there :)

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    This will be my first time seeing Muse live.  I've seen Biffy before so I know what to expect there :)

You won't be let down anyway!

I've got my fingers crossed for Assassin! I have looked back over the setlists of the Muse gigs that I have been to, but no Assassin! I would love to hear it live.

Any word on stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Hopefully they stick easily on there as well considering the reaction it got. Would of given anything to be at that gig. This will be my 10th Muse concert so anyone yet to see them - you are in luck, they are unreal live.

Driving up Wednesday morning, staying in a bnb walking distance (10 mins!) from the gig and then drive back home Thursday.

Sterling/Euro is favouring us as well.

Hurrah for Wednesday festivals!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 HelloMuddha

What's the deal with parking around Boucher Fields? I was there for Foos but that was using public transport.

Really looking forward to it.

Anyone any recommendations for parking options? I've left it too late to stay overnight and public transport isn't really an option travelling up from the midlands.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

There doesn't seem to be a proper car park close and I am assuming parking a car with southern plates in the street isn't a great idea. Don't want to be stuck in an "official" car park near the gig for 3 hours either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

There doesn't seem to be a proper car park close and I am assuming parking a car with southern plates in the street isn't a great idea. Don't want to be stuck in an "official" car park near the gig for 3 hours either.

Was in a car park for near enough 3 hours after the RHCP gig there, torture but it was the only real option having come up from Cavan with no public transport options.

Frankly the lack of information the promotors have up online regarding the parking options is appalling, all the material I've seen has been for bus parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 HelloMuddha

Nailz wrote: »
    Was in a car park for near enough 3 hours after the RHCP gig there, torture but it was the only real option having come up from Cavan with no public transport options.

Frankly the lack of information the promotors have up online regarding the parking options is appalling, all the material I've seen has been for bus parks.

Yeah, have to say I'm seeing where the money saved on gig tickets is going to be spent. Tempted to head towards the city centre and at least then I can come straight out the M1. Severely unimpressed by the lack of information. An aul park and ride somewhere south of the city would be deadly. Would gladly pay a tenner a head for a return bus knowing the car was safe and I wouldn't have loads of hassle getting out.

Fangclub 5.30
    Nothing But Thieves 6.30
    Biffy clyro 7.45
    Muse 9.15

Agree bout parking, gonna look it up for car parks in general really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

You could park up at the Asda on the Falls. There is a 24hr McDonalds there. Its likely where alot would park for Casement.

Advertisement