Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse/Biffy Clyro - Belfast Vital - Anyone going?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mudabi

One more sleep! Cant wait. I've seen them once before and it was the best live performance I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

There's a city council car park about 15 minutes walk away on the Lisburn road. Free after 6pm. Might give that a try first. Don't wanna be stuck in the official one for hours.

Edit - Also, are people genuinely concerned about leaving their Irish cars in non secured car parks? We live on the border and we leave our car in NI places all the time, including street parking in Belfast in the early hours and we've never had any problems. To be honest we never even thought to be concerned, well no more so than leaving any car anywhere that's not entirely secure. But we certainly have never thought about the irish plate thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

There's a city council car park about 15 minutes walk away on the Lisburn road. Free after 6pm. Might give that a try first. Don't wanna be stuck in the official one for hours.

Edit - Also, are people genuinely concerned about leaving their Irish cars in non secured car parks? We live on the border and we leave our car in NI places all the time, including street parking in Belfast in the early hours and we've never had any problems. To be honest we never even thought to be concerned, well no more so than leaving any car anywhere that's not entirely secure. But we certainly have never thought about the irish plate thing.

It's a bit of unfounded paranoia I'd say, people unfamiliar with the North have a skewed idea in their heads about it's people attitudes regarding a political divide.

Most people don't give a toss about that sort of crap up North, if Unionists targeting Southern registered cars was such an issue, we probably would hear more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Any good pubs close to venue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Not able to go now :( (last minute thing popped up), hope you all have a great night lads. Muse are fantastic live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Any good pubs close to venue ?
    Not really no. Theres a bar/restaurant on the Boucher Road called the Skinny Kitchen. The Kings Head is close by but is being refurbed at the minute.

Not too far but you could go to a bar on the Falls Road or Lisburn Road. I would go for a bar either at the top of Tates Ave so just walk down that on your way or one at the top of Adelaide Avenue where you can cross over the train track and come out on Boucher too.

Ryans bar or Cuckoo for Tates, Chelsea bar for Adelaide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

After last nights fiasco when we couldn't get home due to flooding, we're treating ourselves.  Booked a room in The Merchant! :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Is there a pit? Just got up into accommodation on falls road so might et some grub and wander down.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

There was at previous years when I worked at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got some lovely free parking just off lisburn road. Heading in now for Fangclub, saw them filling their van at a station on the way up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

would love to know how Fangclub go at this, I reckon they may get a great reception by the nordies!

It is some lineup, really wished this gig was on down here as well, Friday would have been perfect! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Nailz wrote: »
    It's a bit of unfounded paranoia I'd say, people unfamiliar with the North have a skewed idea in their heads about it's people attitudes regarding a political divide.

Most people don't give a toss about that sort of crap up North, if Unionists targeting Southern registered cars was such an issue, we probably would hear more about it.

Well there's plenty of places around Dublin I'd be equally skeevy about leaving the car on the street. Different if you get a smashed window 20 minutes from home vs. 2 hours though!

Un...real!

Bliss into Assassin into New Born, what a run. Couldn't fault a thing really, really good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Savage day, top marks to whoever said to park at Asda.

Gig was unreal, first time seeing them at a festival, had been to their indoor gigs the past few times. Felt they coulda slapped in plug in baby, but solid all the same!

They started at half 9, thought the were due on for 9:15!

On a separate note.., did anyone who drove get caught in the longest craziest diversion on the way home? Absolutely mad! Middle of feckin nowhere. A1 closed for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Fantastic gig. Third time seeing Muse. They're definitely much better outdoors than indoors. I feel like they're too big and loud for indoors.

Great set list. Nice mix of hits and rarities. Lovely venue too... first time in Belfast.

Great shuttle bus facility from the city hall. And only £2 each way!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Missed Fangclub, first time to see Nothing But Thieves, not bad, I'll give them a listen again.

6th or 7th time to see Biffy, really enjoyed them as always; but felt they weren't quite on their game.

Second time to see Muse - amazing. Really amazing.

As one other poster said, it's a pity they didn't slot in Plug in Baby, perhaps as second song in three song encore?

The detour on way home was nuts, magical feckin' mystery tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 HelloMuddha

Many thanks for the recommend on the Asda car park, was absolutely perfect. Short walk and on the right side of things to avoid traffic delays. The detour on the way home was interesting to say the least. Notable how sleepy all the towns and villages are!

Great day and night of music. Biffy and Muse on top form. Great value, really enjoyed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Thought it was brill! I was delighted to hear Assassin.

A1 detour was all over the place though! Felt like I was doubling back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

What a gig that was - I stayed in a B&B ten minutes walk from the venue so was super handy. The venue was great, got pit bands at the start of the day, fangclub were alright, the other three were great.

10th time seeing Muse, safe set list to be honest but nice to hear assassin, newborn and take a bow.

My neck is in bits today.

Setlist was great, hits and enough older tunes for older fans. Wife's first time seeing them, she ended up in a bit of awe at the whole thing.

Nothing But Thieves....whats the deal with the singer? He looked like he'd be very cocky, then was the complete opposite. They started well but then felt it fell away. Would see them again though.

Fangclub in a small venue will be great.

Biffy will always be unreal!

No detour home for us, but nearly ended up in the flood affected areas in Donegal/Derry/Tyrone. Won't drive after a gig much again I'd say, tough going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Great gig. Second time seeing Biffy and they were absolutely brilliant. Won't be missing their next gig in Ireland!

Muse were Muse. 5th time seeing them. Assassin was a great surprise, been waiting to hear that song live for 2 years since Ulster Hall when Matt tried to play it but forgot the progression.

Great show all together!

Advertisement