Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT TakeOver Brooklyn III

• 15-08-2017 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

NXT_Brooklyn_III.jpg

3rd year in a row in Brooklyn, and definitely will be 4 in a row next year, as it and Summerslam return to Brooklyn for the 4th year running.

Matches include..

Singles match for the NXT Championship
    Bobby Roode vs. Drew McIntyre

Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship
    Asuka vs. Ember Moon

Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship
    The Authors of Pain vs. SAnitY (Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dain)

Singles match
    Aleister Black vs. Hideo Itami

Singles match
    Johnny Gargano vs. Andrade Almas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Seems to be another takeover people are sleeping on but some really exciting match ups for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've learned not to judge based on the card. Previous ones only had 1 or 2 matches i was interested in but the majority of the show turned out well.

For this one, i think Asuka/Ember and Black/Itami should be good. Could be the end of Asuka's reign.

I personally am not a fan of Drew. I don't know what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Like most Takeover shows, stacked card with very little hype or build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can see Roderick Strong interfering in the title match and may be getting some DQ'ed

Bit early for Drew too win the title imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The nxt crew were stuck in the airport in Florida for hours yesterday.

• Advertisement

A bit of a nod to Drew Mcintryes old WWE theme (Broken dreams) in the promo for the title match. He could be a big star if they believe in him and doesn't mess up like last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A bit of a nod to Drew Mcintryes old WWE theme (Broken dreams) in the promo for the title match. He could be a big star if they believe in him and doesn't mess up like last time

One of WWE's greatest themes.

Thread won't load on touch site on my phone???

Agree it is an amazing song

What a match

The distraction was beautiful great story with diy hopefully ciampa can get better soon

Gargano is the next Daniel Bryan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Nikki Cross is insane!

• Advertisement

Great show so far

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

at 40 Bobby Fish's career could easily be winding down, glad to see him in this spot instead.

I want Gangrel as Blacks manager

Really enjoyed Itami-Black. Seems to be splitting opinion on Twitter.

cian68 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Itami-Black. Seems to be splitting opinion on Twitter.

Good match bit too slow paced for me

Asuka and Ember killed it. Not one dud on this show. Over to you Bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That was a great match. Ember's finisher is cool but such an odd looking setup.

Great great show the main event has a lot to live up too.

Not doing the 'Adam Cole babay!' seems like a missed opportunity. Crowd would have sure gone with it and made him look major league. Still a fun angle and a great show with a main event I could nae really care about.

I know people love him but Mauro is terrible and jr shouldn't be on commentary anymore but my god there is no words to describe Percy he adds nothing.

Gargano/almas match of the night by far phenomanal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have no clue who the three at the end were so that ending is probably wasted a bit on me, . I gather they were ROH mainstays?

Ember/Auska was brilliant at the end. That Auska is 500 days into a reign, and I was pleasantly surprised when she retained sass a testament to the storytelling and ability of both.

Gargano/Almas was fantastic.

Yea roh mainstays Kyle o Reilly and Bobby fish were a tag team mainly in roh and new japan were they were tag champs in both.

Adam cole was in the bullet club former world was in a lot of big factions including with Kevin owens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It took soo many years to finally get ROH stable in WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

They did Adam Cole BAYBAY after the event ended. It was fantastic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MLG7br9lg9Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

What are the chances of OAP getting called upto smackdown now they've dropped the belts and are behind the breezango craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

While watching Black's entrance followed by him sitting up in the ring with Itami's reaction, made me think of Taker.

Great show overall. Surely throwing a tshirt or whatever it was is considered both outside interference and a foreign object? But it's Thea so all good. Gargano is an example of a guy who indie fans liked that has proved himself to people like me who didn't know him before NXT. There are other guys who are there or have moved up that haven't done the same.

Was sure Ember had it won. I do think it's time to take the title off Asuka. Maybe the winner of the Mae Young tournament.

The tag match was enjoyable. I really like Nikki. I'm never sure if the big smile is from playing the crazy character or just because she's enjoying herself so much. Was sure Eric adding himself to the match would be the reason they lose.

Dunno about the 2 post match run ins. Cool to see, but the fact they were both for title changes makes me wonder how it will work. The title rematches have to happen. At least with the tag match both teams were attacked, so that will be a 3 way feud.
    Knew there was someone coming anyway with the crowd reaction and everyone looking the one direction.

So how many of those fans actually know who these guys are and how many are just pretending?

As for commentary, I don't know why they insist on 3 man teams on all the shows. And bringing Corey and JR out didn't help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The crowd definitely knew who Adam Cole was.

They roared his catchphrase back to him.

I didnt have a clue who the 3 guys were but figured there ex ROH guys. I though Adam Cole was Kassius Ohno lol. Hopefully there a cool stable

AOP making there main roster debut vs Breezedango emm noooo but its WWE and Road Dogg at the end of the day and it makes perfect sense to them

If they were to sign would Omega and Young bucks go to NXT ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is that Adam Cole feud realistic given he's about a foot shorter than Drew?

205-live bound for these guys I expect (longer term anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Clegg wrote: »
    They did Adam Cole BAYBAY after the event ended. It was fantastic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MLG7br9lg9Y

Advertisement