Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results tomorrow

Options
  • 15-08-2017 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all just wondering do many of you go in to your school for the results? It varies so much from school to school. I have never but I'll be teaching in the same place in sept. so not sure if I should. Have spoken to some staff some are going in but most not or else going after students to pick up their own class results.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

About a third of our staff would go in on results day. Partly to see how the kids did, but mostly to meet up and commiserate with each other on how few days of holidays are left, also to see how many staff we lost over the summer.

Some post holders would be in there anyway, doing post holdery things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think it's a mixed bag.
    Some stay away
    Some go into staff room for a look at the results on paper and maybe seek out a student if the marks were odd.
    Others go in to meet the students and say goodbye.

Advertisement