Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir fibre

• 15-08-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi folks, new to the forum, looking for help & hopefully be able to return the favor.

Anyway, I agreed a package with a sales agent last week, which went fine, she gave me an installation date for 16th which is tomorrow. I get a call from KN networks at 6.30 this evening to say it's cancelled because Eir have just informed them that the connection point on my road/area isn't ready, or something like that anyway. I was fuming after I had made arrangements to be available for the technician tomorrow. How can sales agree a package & sale without knowing these very relevant details??? After some googling I have seen numerous ppl having issues with Eir. I hope I'm not making a mistake signing with them? Any advice or guidance greatly appreciated.
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Paulmc. wrote: »
    Hi folks, new to the forum, looking for help & hopefully be able to return the favor.

Anyway, I agreed a package with a sales agent last week, which went fine, she gave me an installation date for 16th which is tomorrow. I get a call from KN networks at 6.30 this evening to say it's cancelled because Eir have just informed them that the connection point on my road/area isn't ready, or something like that anyway. I was fuming after I had made arrangements to be available for the technician tomorrow. How can sales agree a package & sale without knowing these very relevant details??? After some googling I have seen numerous ppl having issues with Eir. I hope I'm not making a mistake signing with them? Any advice or guidance greatly appreciated.
    Paul

Sales agents have no clue, they are just looking for commission and will say anything to get you to sign up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Paul

Welcome to the Eir Failed Installations club. There are many unwilling members of this club, as will be evident if you do a search here on Boards.

If you're still within the 14 day cooling off period, you can halt the entire process until your home is actually capable of being connected to fibre - that's what I did, with extreme difficulty. I was told I'd be connected in mid July - my area is still not ready, despite showing live on the map. I received an email from OpenEir advising me it would actually not be available until November.

The moral of this story is: do not believe anything Eir or their salespeople tell you. Despite anything you've been told to the contrary by Eir, they will switch over your other services in a bundle (phone & TV) if you've signed up for them, regardless of whether FTTH is available or not. Moreover, you will likely pay handsomely for the privilege of NOT having what you wanted in the first place.

You could also be lucky and be the exception that has so far proved to be the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

So, I rang customer care today, they didn't have a clue that my install was cancelled. I was told after about 15 mins, that my exchange isn't ready yet. So why sell me a product which isn't available yet. Surely the sale's staff should be armed with this info, so they don't end up looking like donkeys, although I feel like the donkey atm for believing them. Anyway a sound bloke by the name of Luke assured me, I would be contacted within 48 hrs as to the expected new installation date.
    With regard the cooling off period, he assured me that only comes into play once I'm installed, forgive me for not jumping around with anticipation‚ but let's see what happens b4 Friday

With regard the cooling off period, he assured me that only comes into play once I'm installed, forgive me for not jumping around with anticipation‚ but let's see what happens b4 Friday

Have you signed up to a bundle, ie phone and TV? If so, the experience of many here would indicate that these services WILL be switched over and instigate a contract, even if the fibre is not installed. Some have even reported paying more for NOT having the FTTH as part of the deal, through no fault of their own.

They will play around with semantics and, even when you have hard copies of webchat and records of other responses, will wriggle out of what they said.
    Have a look through the Talk to Eir forum here for some examples.

Trying to invoke the 'cancellation' of these other services becomes a nightmare of persistence and endurance, so if you want/need to get out of being an Eir customer until you can get FTTH, my advice is not to leave it until the last minute.

I agreed to have fibre & phone installed.
    I'm supposed to have a definitive answer on Fri morning with regard to a new installation date. So, if I'm not happy with they're reply, I will certainly follow your advice & cancel during the call, which is still within the cooling off period.
    After all I did come on here looking for advice/guidance & would be a fool not to listen. Appreciate the replies folks, I'll keep you posted, hopefully as you say, I could be the exception to the rule but I wont bet my house on it

• Advertisement

Ok, so I rang customer care again this morning, 48hrs later like I was told & guess what.......still no resolution. So I cancelled my order with eir.
    They assure me that everything is cancelled, but should I speak to my bank personally just to make sure no DD come from my account? Scratch that, I'm gonna contact my bank on Monday.

Ok, so I rang customer care again this morning, 48hrs later like I was told & guess what.......still no resolution. So I cancelled my order with eir.
    They assure me that everything is cancelled, but should I speak to my bank personally just to make sure no DD come from my account? Scratch that, I'm gonna contact my bank on Monday.

I'm sorry (but not surprised) it didn't work out for you. If you have online banking you can cancel your DD there right now - that's what I and some others did, to be sure to be sure. It's horrible feeling this cynical, but Eir has taught us well.

If it wasn't for the installation fee with Digiweb, I'd go with them for FTTH when it eventually goes truly live, even though they're a bit more expensive per month. I no longer have any faith in Eir and, even if I eventually go with them for FTTH, I'll be changing at the first chance once my contract is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

This thread would have got more traction if it was posted on the 'talk to... eir' forum.

Hey degsie, I only noticed the "talk to" section after I started the thread & kicked myself, noob mistake lol. Maybe I'll give yer man Alan a shout & see if he can get any info for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 senach1719

Hi Folks,
    In October 2017 a sales rep from eir called to my door and told me eir fibre was now available in my area. A week or two later I signed up for eir fibre.
    I was given an appointment for installation on 2 November 2017. I took a day off work and nobody showed to install eir fibre. A second appointment was organised and a KN technician called to my house and explained that he couldn’t do anything because there was no connection at the road and an Eir crew would have to fix that.
    A third appointment with KN identified the duct and confirmed that the duct should be ok to carry the fibre from the road to my house.
    The technician who called for the 4th appointment could not pass the fibre through the duct. I engaged the services of a local builder and digger to find the blockage. The builder found the blockage and cleared it. He agreed to attend the next time a technician came to install the eir fibre in my house to ensure the fibre could be passed through the duct.
    On 14th December another KN technician attended and the local builder took time to help pass the fibre through the duct only to be told there was no point because there was still no connection at the road as reported in November. After a number of phone calls I to eir I was given a date of 17th January for the connection at the road to be completed.
    yesterday 22 January, I contacted eir to see why there was no connection yet. I was told the new forecast date is 17th March! Today Eir customer care tell me there’s nothing they can do. I was promised a call back from someone in customer care but that hasn’t happened either.
    So far I have been told by eir that eir fibre is available in my area. Not so.
    I have taken time off work to be available for installation. As eir still haven’t completed the work required this has been a waste of my time and the KN technicians’ time. I have had a hole dug in my garden to be filled in whenever eir have completed the work promised.
    The only person who has been in any way competent has been the guy from sales who sold me an Eir product that isn’t available. How this differs from a scam I’m not sure but I am very unhappy with the delays and with the way Customer Care deal with complaints. It looks like it will be 5 months after I signed an 18 month contract that there might be a connection at the road though I presume that too could move. I presume I’ll have a further wait until KN can come and install the eir fibre in my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

senach1719 wrote: »
    The only person who has been in any way competent has been the guy from sales who sold me an Eir product that isn’t available.
    They are very good in that, they did that to me twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    They are very good in that, they did that to me twice

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ck6120

Kn network lads are the worst I ever seen can't even run a fibre cable though a 1/2 inch pipe 🙈

Advertisement