Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to an Eir tv bundle (general query)

Options
  • 15-08-2017 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I'm enquiring on behalf of my dad, who currently has a broadband/landlines package with Eir (approx 70e per month). His tv package is with another company. As far as I'm aware he is out of contract with both companies.

The tv/phone/broadband bundle on your website for 70e per month (for 1st 6 months, then 85e monthly for a total 18 month contract) would seem like a suitable alternative for him.

Can you please advise, as he is already an Eir customer will he still qualify for the 70e rate for the first 6 months? Or is the reduction just for new customers.

How much notice is required to have the new TV equipment delivered? If he chooses to change he will still be required to give 30 days notice to his tv provider, and I don't want him to incur extra charges.

The other option of course is for him to move his broadband/phone supply to his current tv provider. Can you advise what notice is required by a customer who is out of contract?

Thanks,
    Yvonne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

mydarkstar wrote: »
    I'm enquiring on behalf of my dad, who currently has a broadband/landlines package with Eir (approx 70e per month). His tv package is with another company. As far as I'm aware he is out of contract with both companies.

The tv/phone/broadband bundle on your website for 70e per month (for 1st 6 months, then 85e monthly for a total 18 month contract) would seem like a suitable alternative for him.

Can you please advise, as he is already an Eir customer will he still qualify for the 70e rate for the first 6 months? Or is the reduction just for new customers.

How much notice is required to have the new TV equipment delivered? If he chooses to change he will still be required to give 30 days notice to his tv provider, and I don't want him to incur extra charges.

The other option of course is for him to move his broadband/phone supply to his current tv provider. Can you advise what notice is required by a customer who is out of contract?

Thanks,
    Yvonne
    Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for getting in touch. If your dad signs up with us and orders our TV package he should be eligible for our free TV for 6 months offer. After the free TVG promotion is up, his plan will go up by €15 (the standard price for our TV package).

I'd be unable to give you any information on how much notice he would need to give with his current TV provider as this information would be in the terms and conditions of the contract he entered with them which I wouldn't have access to I'm afraid. 

A technician would be required to install our TV package at your dads' house. If he orders this service with us, our sales representative will be able to give him an appointment date after h e orders it. Usually, it can take about 10 days from the time you order until your appointment date but this would depend on the availability of our technicians. It could be slightly longer or slightly shorter.

The notice period for to cancel our services is 30 days.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this :)

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Thanks for the reply.

I have one further question - is it necessary to set up a direct debit for payment? He doesn't like dd's and he doesn't have one for his current payment to Eir.

Thanks for the reply.

I have one further question - is it necessary to set up a direct debit for payment?  He doesn't like dd's and he doesn't have one for his current payment to Eir.
    I'm afraid he would need to set up a direct debit in order to place an order for our TV service. Our system would reject his order if there's no direct debit on his account.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

I have one further question - is it necessary to set up a direct debit for payment?  He doesn't like dd's and he doesn't have one for his current payment to Eir.
    I'm afraid he would need to set up a direct debit in order to place an order for our TV service. Our system would reject his order if there's no direct debit on his account.

- Adam
    Thanks Adam,

Unfortunately the mandatory Direct Debit will stop him from signing up to this.  He didn't think it made sense since he is already an Eir customer and doesn't have a DD set up for his phone/broadband bundle.

I think I will have to keep looking at options for him.

thanks again.

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

- Adam
    Thanks Adam,

Unfortunately the mandatory Direct Debit will stop him from signing up to this.  He didn't think it made sense since he is already an Eir customer and doesn't have a DD set up for his phone/broadband bundle.

I think I will have to keep looking at options for him.

thanks again.
    I understand, I'm really sorry to hear this. 

Unfortunately,  this is a standard requirement to sign up for the service.

Thanks

Adam 

• Advertisement
Advertisement