Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopped paying insurance

Options
  • 15-08-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wanted to see does anyone know what are the chances of me getting proof of driving experience after my brother stopped paying his insurance. Here is the details

I was a named driver on my brothers insurance policy for one year, it was his car and I was learning to drive. He renewed for a second year with me still as a named driver but after a few months in the second year of the policy he lost his job and then struggled to get another one in his chosen profession so he cancelled the direct debit for the insurance of the car because he
    couldn't afford it anymore and then sold the car.

Now about 14 months later I'm looking to get insured in my own name and when I say that have been insured as a named driver for a year it reduces the price significantly but I'm worried that the insurer won't give me proof of my driving experience because my brother didn't finish paying his last last policy.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lambey456 wrote: »
    Just wanted to see does anyone know what are the chances of me getting proof of driving experience after my brother stopped paying his insurance. Here is the details

I was a named driver on my brothers insurance policy for one year, it was his car and I was learning to drive. He renewed for a second year with me still as a named driver but after a few months in the second year of the policy he lost his job and then struggled to get another one in his chosen profession so he cancelled the direct debit for the insurance of the car because he
    couldn't afford it anymore and then sold the car.

Now about 14 months later I'm looking to get insured in my own name and when I say that have been insured as a named driver for a year it reduces the price significantly but I'm worried that the insurer won't give me proof of my driving experience because my brother didn't finish paying his last last policy.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

He can ring the insurer and request a letter of named driving experience for you. The insurer are obliged to release this information. They may charge you an admin fee for the cost of sending the letter but other than that there shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lambey456

He can ring the insurer and request a letter of named driving experience for you. The insurer are obliged to release this information. They may charge you an admin fee for the cost of sending the letter but other than that there shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you for the info, its a big relief for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

The insurer is only likely to deal with the policyholder, so get your brother to contact them

Advertisement