Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse Issue

Options
  • 15-08-2017 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I am going to be traveling to Thailand soon so I wanted my number kept active for any calls and also get to save on roaming by using a local sim my relatives were going to give me to use abroad.

Went into Carphone Warehouse and was recommended a dual sim phone huawei P8 lite.

I asked about the memory and was told it has 16gb internal and expandable to 256gb.

Bought the phone brought it home and tested it with my sim and my brothers sim both on three network.

all good so far.

Then started looking for the SD card slot to put my SD card in couldn't find any.

Looked online and it seems the second sim card slot serves as SD card slot.

So I can use one sim and SD card or two sims and no SD card, not what I had in mind when buying the phone. I went to return it and the girl refused to accept it because I opened it. Have the receipt and packaging.

In my mind when buying the phone this is not what I understood, my understanding was dual sim with SD card slot not dual sim with no SD card slot.

Do I have any comeback.

Seen people on adverts selling same phone for the same reason.

I brought it back the same day I bought it.

Any recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Product not as described is a valid reason to return

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Not like Carphone Warehouse at all. They usually take back a phone on a first 30 days without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Guest2013

L1011 wrote: »
    Product not as described is a valid reason to return

That's what I said to her. But she said the other sales clerk should not have told me about dual SIM, saying we don't sell dual SIM phones in this country.

Then she said the package is opened and she can't take it back.

All of this is confusing and full of contradictions.

Guest2013 wrote: »
    That's what I said to her. But she said the other sales clerk should not have told me about dual SIM, saying we don't sell dual SIM phones in this country.

She has admitted that it's not as described or was miss sold to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Guest2013

I bought this in the mill shopping centre, clondalkin there was only her so there was no senior manager I could talk to.

Should I go to the one in Liffey Valley where there are more staff and possibly a senior person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've an old Samsung 2222 dual sold in CW a few years back. That said I've never seen them sell a dual sim since then.

I bought this in the mill shopping centre, clondalkin there was only her so there was no senior manager I could talk to.

Should I go to the one in Liffey Valley where there are more staff and possibly a senior person.

I definitely would. I've bought many phones from them in the last 20 odd years & always found them a pleasure to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi,

I am going to be traveling to Thailand soon so I wanted my number kept active for any calls and also get to save on roaming by using a local sim my relatives were going to give me to use abroad.

Went into Carphone Warehouse and was recommended a dual sim phone huawei P8 lite.

I asked about the memory and was told it has 16gb internal and expandable to 256gb.

Bought the phone brought it home and tested it with my sim and my brothers sim both on three network.

all good so far.

Then started looking for the SD card slot to put my SD card in couldn't find any.

Looked online and it seems the second sim card slot serves as SD card slot.

So I can use one sim and SD card or two sims and no SD card, not what I had in mind when buying the phone. I went to return it and the girl refused to accept it because I opened it. Have the receipt and packaging.

In my mind when buying the phone this is not what I understood, my understanding was dual sim with SD card slot not dual sim with no SD card slot.

Do I have any comeback.

Seen people on adverts selling same phone for the same reason.

I brought it back the same day I bought it.

Any recommendations.

It all depends what you asked for.

You went looking for a dual SIM phone and were sold one, you were also told the memory of the phone. The fact that you can't use the dual SIM and expand the memory at the same time doesn't mean that you were sold an item not fit for purpose as you didn't ask for that, you got what you asked for but not what you wanted. So it's a change of mind and the shop doesn't have to replace or refund.

Advertisement