Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deciding to leave my job

Options
  • 15-08-2017 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So basically last year I returned to college to start another degree and up until then I have been working full time in a seasonal work (9 months). So the establishment closes in the winter and opens in the summer. So after first year of college this year I returned working full time for the summer. There have been ups and downs in work and I found this summer I just seem to have had enough. I have been at this establishment for about 9 years now. I am resuming college in September going into 2nd year and in 3rd year we go on placement for the summer so I won’t be returning to where I work. Since I just seem to be fed up with work I am thinking of not returning to work next year and taking the summer off work and do a bit of travelling or something.

Has anyone ever taken a break or have any advice on whether or not I should just work next year and then leave which was my plan anyway but after this summer I don’t know could I commit myself to another season.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

All depends on money!

How will you fund the travelling? Work in hospitality while travelling?

How will you fund college next year?

If funding is not an issue, leave, no reason to stay, it's not like you'd lose seniority.

Advertisement