Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

racing clubs

Options
  • 16-08-2017 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Next season was thinking about joining a cycling club that have a race training group. Can anyone recommend a good club near cabra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Dublin Wheelers Northside or Orwell Southside.
    Further out Swords. Maybe Blanch Wheelies .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Blanch Wheelies, Castleknock Cycling Club, and maybe Lucan Cycling Road Club are probably closest to Cabra.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Blanch Wheeliess have their annual Hospice Spin next month I think. Good way to meet some of the club and it's very well organised. Their "club house" is the Straw Hall pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Weepsie wrote:
    Blanch Wheeliess have their annual Hospice Spin next month I think. Good way to meet some of the club and it's very well organised. Their "club house" is the Straw Hall pub.

Weepsie wrote:

Do you know if the have a good racing section in the club. I'm more into finding a club near that have a race group I'm not into sportives or leisure spins

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Do you know if the have a good racing section in the club. I'm more into finding a club near that have a race group I'm not into sportives or leisure spins

They certainly have a racing section. This is just their annual fundraiser where the leisure and racing cyclists get together for a day. The one time I did it, the racing cyclists where held back after the food so they could "race" among themselves if they wanted.

I only suggested it as a good way of meeting the club members.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Blanch Wheelies is part of Club League. Club race every week April-August. Training sessions most Tuesdays as well. All depends on your level and expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

They have an excellent racing contingent - across Open Racing, the Inter-Club league and the IVCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Lucan have 4-6 different racing groups for winter training. Everything from A4/Vets to the lads that do the Ras. Something to suit everyone.

Advertisement