Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glankeen graveyard

Options
  • 16-08-2017 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

As I know Seamus Burke (Tipperary TD, 1918 – 1938) is buried in Glankeen. But what about his wife Zenaide Burke, nee Bashkiroff? Is she buried in Glankeen as well? She died in 1996 in England.
    Did they have any children?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Fnna wrote: »
    As I know Seamus Burke (Tipperary TD, 1918 – 1938) is buried in Glankeen. But what about his wife Zenaide Burke, nee Bashkiroff? Is she buried in Glankeen as well? She died in 1996 in England.

No idea to be honest but I recall that the Ormond Historical Society gave a presentation in Nnenagh on Burke last year so maybe contact someone from there, I think they have a website as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Fnna wrote: »

http://tipperarystudies.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Glenkeen%20Gravestone%20Inscriptions%20reduced.pdf

Records from Glenkeen graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fnna

Thank you. I found the inscription for Seamus Burke:

James A. Burke B.L., Rockforest, Roscrea died 10th June 1967 aged 74 years

The list made in 2004, it's not full.

Here I found the photo of their daughter's grave. Sorry I can't give url as "You cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user." She is in Glenkeen as well.

Natalie Isabella Burke
    born 17th January 1930
    only child of
    James and Zinaide Burke
    died 12th December 2012

Advertisement