Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand new cabelling in street can only get 17 Megabit

Options
  • 16-08-2017 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I recently moved into a housing development in D15. The development has hundreds of apartments built perhaps 10-15 years ago, and has a new housing development of 200 or more houses.
    Eir just put lines in our street, brand new lines, and I am told I can only get 17 Mbps

That’s 17 Megabits

Everyone on the development is getting satellite tv and internet, rather than go with Eir. Had eir put in decent infrastructure, they would most likely have hundreds of new customers.

When a street is brand new, just being built, why would Eir put in 20 year old lines and technology that is inadequate to serve the population of that development?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    I recently moved into a housing development in D15. The development has hundreds of apartments built perhaps 10-15 years ago, and has a new housing development of 200 or more houses.
    Eir just put lines in our street, brand new lines, and I am told I can only get 17 Mbps

That’s 17 Megabits

Everyone on the development is getting satellite tv and internet, rather than go with Eir. Had eir put in decent infrastructure, they would most likely have hundreds of new customers.

When a street is brand new, just being built, why would Eir put in 20 year old lines and technology that is inadequate to serve the population of that development?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear that you can't receive the broadband speeds that you desire.

I'm afraid we wouldn't guarantee broadband speeds for any customers and the speeds that you can get would be determined by how far away from the exchange you are and whether or not your exchange is fibre enabled.

If you register your details on the below link, you'll be notified as soon as fibre broadband becomes available to you:

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi/

- Adam

Advertisement