Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapha - impressive after sales

Options
  • 16-08-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd share this: in 2013 I bought a Rapha Hard Shell jacket - far and away the best jacket I've ever bought in terms of waterproofing and breathability. After 18 months of daily wear, however, part of the zip failed. I returned it and was given a new jacket without quibble. Last week, the new jacket also failed in the same way. Given that a further 30 months had elapsed I was less confident of Rapha's response when I returned it again. However, this morning I received a mail giving me a voucher for the cost of a new winter jacket (€350) despite the fact that the original jacket cost me €260.

On one level one could say that for that kind of money the zip shouldn't be failing at all but I do wear this throughout the year on my commute so it is well used. For me, this is about as impressive a response as I've ever encountered from any retailer of any product.

(I genuinely have no affiliation with the company, other than thinking that some of their products are excellent.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Its certainly the thing that impresses me the most given the nature of the sport/leisure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Wow.

What's the ultimate statute of limitations on component failure? Do they state a period of guarantee?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

fat bloke wrote: »
    Wow.

What's the ultimate statute of limitations on component failure? Do they state a period of guarantee?

Specifically with regard to zips their site says they'll replace or refund any failure "deemed a manufacturing fault" as long it occurs within "a reasonable time frame after purchase". Who knows what the limit of "reasonable" is but clearly it's at least 30 months and may even extend to four years (given that on the return document I couldn't tell them when the original zip break (on the first jacket) had occurred.

There's also this:

"Rapha offers a free repair service where a crash or accident has damaged a garment or a failure has occurred even after significant usage.

This service also applies to garments outside the 90 day return policy, and where the damage is not due to manufacturing faults."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Wow. That's mighty impressive alright.

It appears that this is clear case or 'you pay for what you get' and what you get is more than the garment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

rflynnr wrote: »

"Rapha offers a free repair service where a crash or accident has damaged a garment or a failure has occurred even after significant usage.

Availed of this after a fall ripped the elbow out of a long sleeve brevet jersey, did a very neat job on it and came back in a rapha repairs musette with a note by the person who fixed it which was a nice touch

• Advertisement
Advertisement