Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 7 Episode 6 "Beyond the Wall" - "Non book readers" - Spoilers from post 2

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

How does the picture explain where the NK and White walkers got the chains

Pic 1 chains attached to an old wooden boat/bridge
    Pic 2 NK and WW using the chains. Wooden wreck pictured to dragons right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The Master wrote: »

Not a good enough answer. How did they get to the dragon, they seemed to be afraid of the water.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Effects wrote: »
    Not a good enough answer. How did they get to the dragon, they seemed to be afraid of the water.

There is no good answer. They have no more book material, just a vague storyline from GRRM. The writers are making it up as they go along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why is Cersei's army so important in defeating the White Walkers? Could they not just have gone in with 3 dragons and Dani's army with the element of surprise and defeat them? Will the Lannister army really make that much of a difference?

Jon seems really intent on getting Cersei onside.

If I remember correctly, they can't just attack King's Landing because there'll be too many innocents killed an dDany won't appear any different than her father.
    And they want to convince Cersei to join them, not just because they need her, but because they don't want her to take over/attack them while they're busy fighting the dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Why is Cersei's army so important in defeating the White Walkers? Could they not just have gone in with 3 dragons and Dani's army with the element of surprise and defeat them? Will the Lannister army really make that much of a difference?

Agree especially as most of the Lancaster army is already destroyed.
    Plus they know if they kill the night king its checkmate as the army more than likely falls. So they should be thinking about how to take him with assassins (dany has an army of the best assassins left on the mainland) and not worrying about cersei.

Still hoping to see the night king beat them at the wall and proof to be worth of all the talk , then carry pillaging south.
    And they all end up doing a dunkirk and leaving on boats back to the mainland.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, they can't just attack King's Landing because there'll be too many innocents killed an dDany won't appear any different than her father.
    And they want to convince Cersei to join them, not just because they need her, but because they don't want her to take over/attack them while they're busy fighting the dead.
    They cant trust her anyway, it makes no sense to be wasting time with getting her on side. It might make sense if they had lots of food or army but after the dragaons destroyed it they have nothing except maybe conscription to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Oh ya

And they all end up doing a dunkirk and leaving on boats back to the mainland.

The wall is on the continent of Westeros already. The dead will have a free run towards Winterfell if it falls.

Penn wrote: »
    In fairness, since Season 3 he has become a far deeper and less morally ambiguous character than he was at the start. It seems like his reputation as the Kingslayer led to him embodying the type of person people thought he was even though nobody knew he did it for altruistic reasons. And he'd do anything to protect his family, particularly Cersei. Robert would have killed him and Cersei if he'd found out about them.

Since Season 3 though, and particularly since losing his hand, we're seeing far more of the real Jamie.

Not much difference
    He is still sleeping with his sister and still enabling her. Despite the fact that she was the cause of him losing his 3 children and his father + his brother being banished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Not much difference
    He is still sleeping with his sister and still enabling her. Despite the fact that she was the cause of him losing his 3 children and his father + his brother being banished.

He's been giving her a few horrified looks, it's dawned on him what a monster she is and how little she depends on him. He does everything for her- she does everything for herself. The threat not to betray her rather than trying to stop potential slaughter might be the final straw. Epiphany imminent I reckon

Pugzilla wrote: »
    The wall is on the continent of Westeros already. The dead will have a free run towards Winterfell if it falls.
    aye, thats what i meant.

mainland = across the narrow sea ,braavos etc (it will never happen as it would add another couple of seasons onto it)

If the night king doesnt at least get past the wall it will be worse than the greatest fire the north has ever seen:rolleyes:

He's been giving her a few horrified looks, it's dawned on him what a monster she is and how little she depends on him. He does everything for her- she does everything for herself. The threat not to betray her rather than trying to stop potential slaughter might be the final straw. Epiphany imminent I reckon

To quote The Offspring song Self Esteem "Its kind of hard when she's ready to go". The episode next week may give us something as you just know she is going to try something at the gathering

Epiphany imminent I reckon

Aye they are building up for a few hollywood endings all right,

-> Kingslayer will prob kill her and then himself at the same time ( would prefer celsei stabbed him in the back for some reason when he thinks he has her seeing sense, and his last thought is after all i did for you:P)

=> think hound will die in the fire by facing his fears and saving one of the stark girls, prob arya or maybe Brienne ( fight to the death with his brother in a burning kings landing would be cool)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

It's not necessarily her army that's important, it's a truce. Dany had previously said she couldn't afford to give away any of her assets and give Cersei a chance against her, so she would only help Jon if he could get Cersei to agree to a truce (I'm aware the recent episode contradicts this, as soon as the party are in danger) while the NK is dealt with. Hence the terrible plan to catch a wight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I thought the whole 'dany' part was another 4th wall,like Davos has being doing,it was my instant thought

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Was Watching The new rockstars YouTube review. The place Jon snow etc where surrounded was the same place the night walker was created.

In terms of davo's saying fewer. Isn't that a nod to Stannis berethon who he was hand to also.

In terms of the season finale. I don't think Littlefinger goes without something bittersweet happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Am I missing something here! there is no bridge that I can see especially where the dragon went in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

benny79 wrote: »
    Am I missing something here! there is no bridge that I can see especially where the dragon went in!

The wooden object to the right of the dragon could be a part of a wrecked boat or part of a wrecked bridge or something for crossing the lake before it froze over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not much difference

He also saved Brienne from a bear when he didn't have to, gave Brienne his sword so she could try find and save Sansa and Arya, tried to convince the Blackfish to surrender rather than fight, spared Edmure's life, let Brienne escape, helps Tyrion escape, was willing to give up his life with Cersei and return to Casterly Rock to help keep Tyrion alive and shows Olenna mercy by letting her drink poison rather than any of the deaths Cersei had planned for her.

The old Jaime of Seasons 1 & 2 was completely different. He had no mercy. He was willing to kill Ned Stark but stopped because it wouldn't have looked like a fair fight after Ned was speared in the leg. He killed his own cousin in the cell in order to escape, and repeatedly taunted Catelyn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

The wooden object to the right of the dragon could be a part of a wrecked boat or part of a wrecked bridge or something for crossing the lake before it froze over

Yeah but theres no sign of that when he goes into the water! only in the picture posted.. May watch episode again.. :D

....... wrote: »

I agree, and he even gave out to the Frey's for threatening the Blackfish with killing Edmure but not following through with it. But he went with the least violent option first, which is something Jaime from the earlier seasons wouldn't have done, though admittedly he was mostly doing what he felt would be the quickest option in order to get back to Cersei quicker.

Well he knew threatening the Blackfish wouldn't work but again, he did try to reason with him as a first port of call rather than moving straight to violence. And when he heard the Blackfish had died, you could see the disappointment in his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Penn wrote: »
    In fairness, since Season 3 he has become a far deeper and less morally ambiguous character than he was at the start. It seems like his reputation as the Kingslayer led to him embodying the type of person people thought he was even though nobody knew he did it for altruistic reasons. And he'd do anything to protect his family, particularly Cersei. Robert would have killed him and Cersei if he'd found out about them.

Since Season 3 though, and particularly since losing his hand, we're seeing far more of the real Jamie.

The change is a bit too much though. At the start he is downright nasty, often for little reason such as taunting Ned in the beginning in KL, making fun of Neds beheading and using sexual connotations to lady Catelyn when he was being held prisoner. Showed no remorse whatsoever over pushing a child out the window. He comes across as evil in the beginning and Cersei is a far more sympathetic character. To have that all swing round in season 3 and him to become the one of the most moral characters on the show is a bit too much of a swing, even if it is easy to like the new Jamie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

My head hurts from all this theories about Sam, Bran, Jon, the NK and Arya.

Really hurts!

Last episode had a few touches of the "ah here com'on now" about it, but enjoyed it nonetheless. Gendry the fastest man alive, whatever raven they sent jaysis it was quick! The NK has some aim, the dragons again missed the main characters (Jamie before, NK and co this time) from above... and good oul Bran not filling his sisters in on how much of a see you next tuesday Little finger is.

Ah here!! :)

Nalz wrote: »
    My head hurts from all this theories about Sam, Bran, Jon, the NK and Arya.

Really hurts!

Last episode had a few touches of the "ah here com'on now" about it, but enjoyed it nonetheless. Gendry the fastest man alive, whatever raven they sent jaysis it was quick! The NK has some aim, the dragons again missed the main characters (Jamie before, NK and co this time) from above... and good oul Bran not filling his sisters in on how much of a see you next tuesday Little finger is.

Ah here!! :)
    How far is eastwatch from when Gendry ran

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

MOH wrote: »
    He'd probably take Drogon and everyone would die, but Rhaegal would get him, war over.

Wouldn't leave a lot to do in season 8 then!! Burn down kingslanding and game over very quickly.

I reckon the Night King battle will take up much of season 8 with the final episode ever bing a cliff hanger of someone being killed with the killer taking the throne.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Wouldn't leave a lot to do in season 8 then!! Burn down kingslanding and game over very quickly.

I reckon the Night King battle will take up much of season 8 with the final episode ever bing a cliff hanger of someone being killed with the killer taking the throne.

Oh my this would make me mad. Worst part is it's probably something GRRM would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I think the next episode will be a cliff hanger with cersai trying to ruin it for everybody with her power hungry backstabbing plan. Humans will be in turmoil with things looking very bleak going into final season.

Daledge wrote: »
    Oh my this would make me mad. Worst part is it's probably something GRRM would do.

Would leave an option for the spin off's which are proposed or for it to come back in a few years due to demand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

How far is eastwatch from when Gendry ran

Don't think we know. But Gendry cracked me up, kept reminding me of this. Was slightly disappointed when they opened the gate and came out to him he didn't just say "It's...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

If the Night king hasn't breached the wall by the end of this weeks episode I'll crack up.
    Better not be left at the end with him looking at the wall or something stupid like that and having to wait another year to see if he bothers to do something :-P

XsApollo wrote: »
    If the Night king hasn't breached the wall by the end of this weeks episode I'll crack up.
    Better not be left at the end with him looking at the wall or something stupid like that and having to wait another year to see if he bothers to do something :-P

Maybe the whole thing ends with NK reaching the Wall only to realise he can't pass it, shrugs his shoulder and then goes home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

As we've witnessed his excellent javelin skills, we might see him try his hand at propelling himself across the wall using his pole-vault powers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Or he might be a dab hand at the 3000m high steeplechase :-D

Actually, he could just fly over it on the dragon and start raising the dead on the other side.
    Or around it if he's magically prevented from crossing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

If the Night king hasn't breached the wall

I reckon the season ends with him breaching the wall.

And then he realises he's left the gas on and spends half next season trudging home to do that and then returns for an almighty finale showdown at the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Maybe he has a few trumpets in that storage unit where he was keeping the chains.:p

www-St-Takla-org--Bible-Slides-joshua-522.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Since all the dead seem to be connectected, did the night king want the zombie to be taken? Use it like gps tracker as he may not know what's behind the wall, maybe he can track him on his dragon and attack kings landing. He may not even know where the wall is since he just seems to circle.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Since all the dead seem to be connectected, did the night king want the zombie to be taken? Use it like gps tracker as he may not know what's behind the wall, maybe he can track him on his dragon and attack kings landing. He may not even know where the wall is since he just seems to circle.

Did he not warg into him in the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Did he not warg into him in the last episode.

Warg into the zombie that Jon captured? Haven't seen him warg anything only bring things back to life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if it's been suggested before:-
    Who remembers Bran's visions, with the shadow of the dragon over Kings Landing? Well, it might very well be an Ice Dragon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if it's been suggested before:-
    Who remembers Bran's visions, with the shadow of the dragon over Kings Landing? Well, it might very well be an Ice Dragon.

Could well be but if it was wouldn't Kings Landing not be covered in Snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Well purely from a scientific point of view ,there isn't a hope in hell that a dragon could met a hole in a wall of ice 90m thick .

Good article here on the plot holes in the latest episode
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/23/16184306/game-of-thrones-season-7-white-walker-dragon-battle-dumb-no-sense

It's possible that Daenarys might show up to the meeting in King's Landing on Drogon. The meeting is going to take place in a Dragon Pit after all.

There's no sign of her so far of her being at the meeting from the photos and footage released by HBO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Where was the big giant whitewalker we saw earlier in the season ???

He would of won the fight for them

• Advertisement
Advertisement