Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 7 Episode 6 "Beyond the Wall" - "Non book readers" - Spoilers from post 2

191011121315»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

There's no giant whitewalkers seen so far, just wight giants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Drumpot wrote: »
    I think the next episode will be a cliff hanger with cersai trying to ruin it for everybody with her power hungry backstabbing plan. Humans will be in turmoil with things looking very bleak going into final season.

My thoughts are that it will end with a lot of infighting between all the main players wherever they've met up in the trailer and at the end a raven arrives or messenger who's received a message from the raven to say that the night king has arrived at the wall. Cut to the wall and a hundred thousand white-walkers and wights lined up ready to attack with the dragon front and centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Pugzilla wrote: »
    There's no giant whitewalkers seen so far, just wight giants.

What's the difference?
    (And also what's the general difference between whitewalkers and wights, if that's not the answer to my first question).

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

My thoughts are that it will end with a lot of infighting between all the main players wherever they've met up in the trailer and at the end a raven arrives or messenger who's received a message from the raven to say that the night king has arrived at the wall. Cut to the wall and a hundred thousand white-walkers and wights lined up ready to attack with the dragon front and centre.

Yeh, gonne be something epic . .

Wonder will the NK use the dragon to destroy things and keep mistrust among humans . . Would be a clever way of turning people against Daenerys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

volchitsa wrote: »
    What's the difference?
    (And also what's the general difference between whitewalkers and wights, if that's not the answer to my first question).

White walkers are sentient leaders - wights are just essentially zombie fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Well purely from a scientific point of view ,there isn't a hope in hell that a dragon could met a hole in a wall of ice 90m thick .

Good article here on the plot holes in the latest episode
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/23/16184306/game-of-thrones-season-7-white-walker-dragon-battle-dumb-no-sense

While that link pretty much unfortunately sums up the thread for the last 500 posts and the intriguing scientific part... :rolleyes:

You have an exact temperature that dragons breath fire ? :pac:

Seriously ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

I simply cannot understand, people pissing and moaning about GOT being unrealistic, ffs we are watching a show with dragons, people being resurrected multiple times and black magic ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Instead of freezing the sea vicerion could just em..blow a ramp/walkway to the top of the wall and the wights and ww could just walk up ,nk be flying

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

The NK can pass the wall now anyway, him marking Bran back in the three eyed raven cave allows him to pass magical barriers to get to him. This seemed to brush off to the other WW too so they're sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

d22ontour wrote: »
    While that link pretty much unfortunately sums up the thread for the last 500 posts and the intriguing scientific part... :rolleyes:

You have an exact temperature that dragons breath fire ? :pac:

Seriously ? :D

No I don't but this guy here did some basic maths on the amount of energy it would need to melt the wall using gasoline as fuel if you want to have a look .
    Albeit he is talking about melting the whole wall ,its still a ridiculous amount of energy needed to burn a small hole in it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Daledge wrote: »
    This would be much better, still don't understand why NK didn't go for Drogon in the first place, he'd have basically won the war there and then leaving no one else really to stand in his way as this would have led to Jon and co. dying.

Two reasons:

He'd have to kill the dragon through maiming it's wing. Clearly he wants the wings on the dragon intact. Secondly, they could easily burn the corpse of the dragon right beside them. Spearing the one flying over the lakewater was a much smarter move.

And finally, writer convenience. As others have said, there's a lot better ways the whole thing could have gone down. Only way that give me some bit of satisfaction is the idea that the whole thing was an elaborate trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Daledge wrote: »
    The NK can pass the wall now anyway, him marking Bran back in the three eyed raven cave allows him to pass magical barriers to get to him. This seemed to brush off to the other WW too so they're sound.

Plus, if magic was preventing wights from passing the wall, bringing a wiggity to KL would prove troublesome...

I was kind.of hoping the wight would just disintegrate as it passed through the wall boundary.

Still, I guess the wall repellant magic only applies to living things powered by Dragon glass magic. The nk, his walkers, and benjen stark.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Remember that there was a wight in season 1 that attacked Jeor Mormont at Castle Black. Strangely it was brought back as a corpse and then reanimated inside the castle.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Remember that there was a wight in season 1 that attacked Jeor Mormont at Castle Black. Strangely it was brought back as a corpse and then reanimated inside the castle.

Ye, the walkers probably wanted to make the Night's Watch's without a leader. It does beg the question could they "see" beyond the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

1) When they heard the wight army coming and they started running what was the plan? Outrun the white walker army?

2) When they got so lucky to have broken ice to keep them apart from the white walkers.Why did they not keep smashing the ice to prevent it refreezing over until help arrived?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

When the Mountain drew his sword in that scene with Jamie and Cersei, those eight seconds were torture. I was like NO,NO, NO , he cant go out like this NO!!!!!. The look on his face of disbelief, shock and final realization that she is everything her enemies think of her. All that in those very few seconds, along with the excellent music in the background. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau doesn't get enough credit.

Time to binge on the soundtrack.

Dude, think you're in the wrong thread, too early by a week?

Advertisement