Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lash extension removal

Options
  • 16-08-2017 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

HI,

I want to remove my eyelash extensions safetly (I don't want to pull out my lashes). Anyone know what I should buy or recommend a place in Dublin city centre that will do it for a reasonable price?

They've been on 3.5 weeks and I've to get new ones in 2 weeks but I can't wait that long, they're hurting :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Go back to whoever put them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

toadfly wrote: »
    Go back to whoever put them on?

It's a 4.5 hour drive so it's not possible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

If you want to keep your lashes intact for getting another set in a fortnight's time you are best off getting then removed professionally.

I have used coconut oil in the past but definitely lost more lashes than I would with a professional.

There's also this product which you might pick up but I've never tried https://nouveaulashes.com/shop/eyelash-extension-remover/

Scraggs wrote: »
    If you want to keep your lashes intact for getting another set in a fortnight's time you are best off getting then removed professionally.

I have used coconut oil in the past but definitely lost more lashes than I would with a professional.

There's also this product which you might pick up but I've never tried https://nouveaulashes.com/shop/eyelash-extension-remover/

Any idea where I can buy this (not online)?

The glue seems very strong so I definitely need more then oil, I've already tried that.
    I might just walk into a beautician and see what they say?

It's only one eye that's causing the trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Ah if you've tried oil without success then you'll need a solvent. I'd say there's no harm in trying a beauticians if they can't do it they might be able to reccommend somewhere that can.

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote: »
    Ah if you've tried oil without success then you'll need a solvent. I'd say there's no harm in trying a beauticians if they can't do it they might be able to reccommend somewhere that can.

I think some of the glue has joined together from sleeping on my face so it's now in a mega clump :(

Rang a beautician, it'll cost 15e, not an amazing price but I need eyelashes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

15 is a decent price GL. They'll take approx 15/20 min to remove safely. Don't try remove them yourself, your own lashes are worth taking care of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If they're hurting, you could try brushing them out with a little spoolie. They can get sore when they're not brushed out. Don't use oil. It is true that oil breaks down the bonds but not enough that they'll slip off with ease. The product that's used to remove them is so strong it'd be next to impossible to do your own eyes without being stung to bits.

Advertisement