If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Smart TV Options

Options
  • 16-08-2017 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Good afternoon
    I'm in the market for a smart TV in the 39"+ range. Must be smart as it's for a separate granny-flat with only Wifi/Ethernet for the moment, e.g. NetFlix, YouTube, etc. In time we could look at installing a dish/box in the new building...so something that offers future satellite options would be wise I think. It's not the main house TV so we need to be practical cost-wise so I'm targeting the entry-level options around this size. You have an LG option ([font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LG 43UH603V[/font]) on your website - would this be a viable option ?. I see a Samsung at +€50...but unless there's a compelling reason the LG looks the business. I'd just value an opinion.
    I also need a compatible wall-mount - nothing too fancy. Maybe options for basic...plus just limited tilt.
    I'm in Dublin so delivery a requirement also.
    Can you offer some advice...or perhaps a steer if I'm missing something ??.
    Many thanks, Kevin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Raven_k42 wrote: »
    Good afternoon
    I'm in the market for a smart TV in the 39"+ range. Must be smart as it's for a separate granny-flat with only Wifi/Ethernet for the moment, e.g. NetFlix, YouTube, etc. In time we could look at installing a dish/box in the new building...so something that offers future satellite options would be wise I think. It's not the main house TV so we need to be practical cost-wise so I'm targeting the entry-level options around this size. You have an LG option ([font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LG 43UH603V[/font]) on your website - would this be a viable option ?. I see a Samsung at +€50...but unless there's a compelling reason the LG looks the business. I'd just value an opinion.
    I also need a compatible wall-mount - nothing too fancy. Maybe options for basic...plus just limited tilt.
    Many thanks, Kevin
    Hi Kevin.

Apologies for the delay in getting to you.

There are very few televisions that have a satellite tuner built in without going for the higher priced screens.

The LG 43UH603 is a cracking TV for the moment and is very very popular. Does have a satellite tuner but is not freesat approved.

There are a few differences between the LG and the Samsung.
    I suppose the obvious would be the Samsung is 3" smaller in size.

Other than that they are pretty similar.

A bracket for flat to the wall would be the Sanus VML5 priced at £49.95. If purchased with the a television I could go to £35.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200142-vml5.aspx

A tilt one would be the Sonos VMT15 priced at £69.95. I could offer at £45.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200144-vmt15.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

Good afternoon
    Many thanks, Kevin
    Hi Kevin.

There are very few televisions that have a satellite tuner built in without going for the higher priced screens.

The LG 43UH603 is a cracking TV for the moment and is very very popular. Does have a satellite tuner but is not freesat approved.

A bracket for flat to the wall would be the Sanus VML5 priced at £49.95. If purchased with the a television I could go to £35.00

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny.

I'm keen to proceed with the LG + VMT15 package. Should I PM you to progress an order ?.

Many thanks,
                       Kevin

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Good afternoon
    Many thanks, Kevin
    Hi Kevin.

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny.

I'm keen to proceed with the LG + VMT15 package. Should I PM you to progress an order ?.

Many thanks,
                       Kevin
    Hi Kevin.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM i can give you a call.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.