Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset not working - Argos being stubborn

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭175010012017

You told argos you had sent it off already and it had been repaired is that correct?
    What? No, that never happened. Why do you ask this?

The headset was never repaired, it was never sent off. It never fully worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

The Astro's i have also have a sticker like the one you describe from TB. Are you sure it's not in your box?

The Astro's i have also have a sticker like the one you describe from TB. Are you sure it's not in your box?

It might be in the box, but I'm still not paying for shipping to the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

What? No, that never happened. Why do you ask this?

The headset was never repaired, it was never sent off. It never fully worked.

In your original first post you said you had sent it off and it had been repaired once and argos were asking for proof of that, I see you've now edited that part out, it doest matter I was just checking what actually happened as it's a little confusing.

OK so Argos are wrong here as they can't force you to deal with the manufacturer.
    It's not like them to be so awkward though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Reply from Argos:

How would I get this reference without having to send it in to the manufacturer for testing at my own cost?

I replied to Argos explaining again that I would have to pay for sending it in for repair and asked how I would go about getting the manufacturer to confirm the fault without sending it in?

When they first told me this I asked if they mean that the manufacturer arranged the testing and they said no. I'd need something in writing in which the manufacturer admits there is a fault with the headset. This is never going to happen remotely.

Ignore that, it's their responsibility to send it to the manufacturer for testing, not yours.

As said they can advise you to go straight to manufacturer because it is usually quicker but then its an expense to you, but you are not obligated to go to the manufacturer and have the right to refuse, its usually a suggestion.

Like I said, the letter template from CCPC, replace with your details and send to their Head Office by registered post. If they do not reply within the given days then small claims court. Optionally also try and contact them on social media.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice.
    In a surprise turn of events, Astro now offers me to ship a brand new headset free of charge.
    Argos on the other hand stand their ground and remain stubborn. We exchanged a few emails today and they haven't been of any help and insist of me going back to store (done that already) or dealing with the manufacturer.

I'm going to accept the replacement offered by Astro and take it from there.

Thanks again to all for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Shocked at that from Argos and if that's their new policy I'd very seriously consider never buying big ticket electrical items from them again as I have done many times in the past. I had a TV that developed a sound fault after some 9 months, luckily I had kept the box. Took it into the shop and they didn't even look in the box to check it contained the old TV, just threw me out a new one. That was a few years ago now though so clearly they've changed tact. Too bad if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Thanks for all the advice.
    In a surprise turn of events, Astro now offers me to ship a brand new headset free of charge.
    Argos on the other hand stand their ground and remain stubborn. We exchanged a few emails today and they haven't been of any help and insist of me going back to store (done that already) or dealing with the manufacturer.

I'm going to accept the replacement offered by Astro and take it from there.

Thanks again to all for the help!

Ah that's brilliant.
    Terrible behaviour from argos though and it's not like them.

Glad it's sorted for you now op!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Argos did something similar to someone on the Playstation forum recently. It wouldn't power on at all, and Argos refused to deal with it unless the OP had a letter from a repair shop to say it was faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

**** me, I tell you I would be arrested in the store if they pulled that crap on me. Deffo small claims court, I was gonna buy a PS4 Pro in there but fook that for a game of rainbow 6!!!

Very bad indeed, hope people remember this coming up to (dare I say it) Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

It's a shame to hear that Argos gave you and some others a hard time. I've always found them great when it comes to returns compared to say PC World who are just the pits - check out there trustpilot score!

For certain items prone to breakage eg irons I've taken out their extended warranty which was always honoured with no question asked unlike the aforementioned shower.

Didn't Sainsbury's take over them recently? I wonder if they're messing around with Argos?

Advertisement