Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dtrong Pain In Shoulder while working...

Options
  • 16-08-2017 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi,

apology for mistake with strong...not dtrong

Can anyone help me to get to right track as we are so stressed, basicilally about what happening in my husband company.

My husband works as van delivery driver from 9 years.

From sometime he suffered with pain in his R shoulder, but last Wednesday he could not even move his hand. The pain was that strong that he went to office and said that he cant work and he has to go to GP. The manager said him to leave work.
    His company GP prescribed him lots of painkillers and wrote letter to hospital with possible septic arthritis symptoms. Also he stated in the letter, that patient does heavy lifting at work.
    Sick leave for 4 days.

My husband went to hospital and fortunately there inflammation was not confirmed. The docyors also said it can be from heavy lifting and repetable job... Amother week of sick leave. Physiotherapy, strong painkillers and maybe he will recover in few weeks.

Now. As my husband never ever used even one sick day in his company, we not acctulay know what to do about illnes benefit ...from social welfare.

GP gave MC1 form and my husband had 1 of 3 options to tick... accident, injury and he marked ocupational disease ( witjout knowing which option would be best)...

The form must be sign by employer but yesterday they did not sign.
    Today they wanted to accuse my husband that he left work last Wednesday! Even his collegues were helping him in the morning and one of the managers knew that he have no power to work for the rest the day....as he go to GP.
    HR also said that he supposed to report accident staright away, but that was not accident, not even injury as he did not hit into anything, etc. The placed report anyway.
    But did not sign the form MC1 still.
    Only worrying yhat SW want pay him, as he did not placed the form within 7 days...ðŸ€

Oh...can you adbice what to do...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Go into the SW office and ask them what to do? They should be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Does he do any thing like Pilates or Swimming to prevent injury. He should go talk to a physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sabinalee

He starts physiotherapy next weel. thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Start the claim with social welfare, paperwork can follow.

What you mean by start the claim with social welfare? His employer still holding MC1 document .... said that will be rady next Wednesday as it is now in Head Office.
    My husband lifts heavy things a nd deliver them for 9 years. Wear and tear in his shoulder is possible. He is in not great form, and on strong painkillers which cause bad symptoms.
    Manual handling expired after 3 years in February 17...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

Are you sure the employer has to sign this form ?

the MC1 states illness/injury .... my husband was at work while his shoulder lost his functions. He could not drive or lift, so he reported and left work straight to doctor. 
    There is a special place in the form when you can chose injury/accident/disease.... but employer has to sign it and stamp it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Just get the form back and change it to injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,482 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Not to give medical advice but I once had similar. A frozen shoulder. Two sessions with an accupuncturist. He used neeedles connected to a current. This was able to reach deeper than any physio. Cured in two visits. €40 a vist.

did you get strong pain very offten and red skin? HE has to recover fully and able to do work again...if not this is end...in his workplace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sabinalee wrote: »
    What you mean by start the claim with social welfare? His employer still holding MC1 document
    He doesn't need the form to start the claim with social welfare. He will need the form before they pay him though.

Advertisement