Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbeyknockmoy broadband

Options
  • 16-08-2017 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can anyone help , i need broadband but can't find a provider in my area, problem i have is no phone line, as i am to far away from the telegraph poles, eir will not erect any for me, also i have been told trees are blocking signal from the mast, i am not the owner of the trees and the owner is not interested in helping, i need unlimited broadband, kids want to be able to play their playstation online, i live in middle of nowhere in abbeyknockmoy galway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

Check out Imagine and other similar (non-fixed-line) providers......

https://www.imagine.ie/lte-irelands-rural-fibre-speed-coverage/lte-fibre-speed-broadband-galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭tphase

try Lightnet, they're based in Loughrea
    http://www.lightnet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 julie1964

i have checked out above, the best any can offer me is satellite broadband, which is not compatible for online gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

Why do you say it's not compatible? It's all about whatever speed can be delivered. Some of those providers can deliver significant speeds (depending on where you are located)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 julie1964

they told me satellite broadband is not suitable for online gaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

tobdom wrote: »
    Why do you say it's not compatible? It's all about whatever speed can be delivered. Some of those providers can deliver significant speeds (depending on where you are located)

Speed is not that important when it comes to online gaming. Latency is.
    The latency on satellite 'broadband' is woeful for gaming. You'd be dead 10 minutes before you know it.:D

Advertisement