Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Zap-map now supports eCars status for the FCP's

Options
  • 16-08-2017 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭

Got an email update from zap-map today stating they now support the "live" status that eCars provide on their website (iOS and Android app too) for the republic chargers.

https://www.zap-map.com/live/

It has more functionality than the eCars website as you can give comments and it shows the date/time the last update was given which is important to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,478 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That app shows 2 chargers in Derry that have been dead for 12 months and 3 years respectively, and which aren't getting fixed.

The ESB app doesn't show them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

NIMAN wrote: »
    That app shows 2 chargers in Derry that have been dead for 12 months and 3 years respectively, and which aren't getting fixed.

The ESB app doesn't show them.

In the community spirit go onto the app and put in a comment to state that for those 2 chargers. This is exactly why its a better app than the eCars one!

I do see one in Derry in a Nissan dealership which says "Last updated 27 April 2015" which I presume is one of the ones you are referring to, so at least the app shows you that and you can guess that a charger that hasn't been used for 2yrs is probably not going to work.

KCross wrote: »
    In the community spirit go onto the app and put in a comment to state that for those 2 chargers. This is exactly why its a better app than the eCars one!

I do see one in Derry in a Nissan dealership which says "Last updated 27 April 2015" which I presume is one of the ones you are referring to, so at least the app shows you that and you can guess that a charger that hasn't been used for 2yrs is probably not going to work.

No, not even that one. There's 2 public ones which are hammered.

I tried to log into app but currently waiting on a password reset email.

Finally got logged in and left comments, but is there any way to inform Zap Map themselves to remove them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

NIMAN wrote: »
    Finally got logged in and left comments, but is there any way to inform Zap Map themselves to remove them?

There is a feedback form on the website where you can contact them directly.

Out of service chargers also show up with a red circle around them so it gives you a very visible cue that there is an issue.

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    There is a feedback form on the website where you can contact them directly.

Out of service chargers also show up with a red circle around them so it gives you a very visible cue that there is an issue.

Thanks.

Theres a difference though in a red circled charger that might be back up soon, and one which has been down for 3 years and which ECAR NI have confirmed is getting removed.

Advertisement