Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain effecting my Internet.

Options
  • 16-08-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi Guys. Bit of an odd one here only started to occur on Monday. On Monday my speeds were at 2mb from 15mb so I contacted Eir support and a fault was logged and an Engineer visit arranged.
    On Tuesday the engineer rang and asked how my internet was and I explained it was gradually getting better. He then explained he would call but no faults were now showing and I would be charged if he arrived and everything was ok. First time I ever heard of that.
    Today I come home and its spilling rain like Monday and my speeds are once again 1.5 from 15mb. I contacted Eir and there support told me to see if its gets better and if not to call tomorrow. Another thing is when logged into my router Monday and Today my dsl noise margin is pretty low compared to normal.
    Its shocking to think a fault was logged but when the engineer calls if there is none found I get charged 150 euro. Im paying them 66 a month as it is. If it is the rain causing the issue what happens when he calls and its fine. Can the rain effect it so drastically.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

It could be a waterlogged line. 

If you get charged, I would suggest that you make a complaint in writing to them requesting the money back and that they investigate the fault properly.

Write to:

eir
    7th Floor
    Telephone House
    43-46 Marlborough Street 
    Dublin 1
    D01 N279

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

flaneur wrote: »
    It could be a waterlogged line. 

If you get charged, I would suggest that you make a complaint in writing to them requesting the money back and that they investigate the fault properly.

Write to:

eir
    7th Floor
    Telephone House
    43-46 Marlborough Street 
    Dublin 1
    D01 N279

Hi thanks for the reply. Going to keep on top of it. Off tomorrow and going to ring again. Hope its fine to prove a point. I just find it ridiculous that they found a fault on the line and ordered an engineer to fix it. I dont own the lines but he rang Tuesday to say there was no fault showing and if he called and noting showed up, I would be charged for it. I have had engineers call a few times and its the first time they said that.
    There was a fault and there technical support told me there was a fault. Surely there obliged to investigate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eamo22 wrote: »
    Hi Guys. Bit of an odd one here only started to occur on Monday. On Monday my speeds were at 2mb from 15mb so I contacted Eir support and a fault was logged and an Engineer visit arranged.
     On Tuesday the engineer rang and asked how my internet was and I explained it was gradually getting better. He then explained he would call but no faults were now showing and I would be charged if he arrived and everything was ok. First time I ever heard of that.
     Today I come home and its spilling rain like Monday and my speeds are once again 1.5 from 15mb. I contacted Eir and there support told me to see if its gets better and if not to call tomorrow. Another thing is when logged into my router Monday and Today my dsl noise margin is pretty low compared to normal.
     Its shocking to think a fault was logged but when the engineer calls if there is none found I get charged 150 euro. Im paying them 66 a month as it is. If it is the rain causing the issue what happens when he calls and its fine. Can the rain effect it so drastically.
    Hi eamo22,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your service. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you as well as the issue with the call out fee.

- Adam

Advertisement