Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fresh shampoo

• 16-08-2017 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have medium sized hairs (7-10 cm long).
    My hairs gets oily overnight so I shampoo every morning with Caffeine based or Argan oil based shampoo. I have noticed my hairs becoming flat and dull after 2 pm as the day goes on.

Is there any other shampoo which can make my hairs look fresh, thicker and shiny? Also which can be used everyday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

Hi,
    I have medium sized hairs (7-10 cm long).
    My hairs gets oily overnight so I shampoo every morning with Caffeine based or Argan oil based shampoo. I have noticed my hairs becoming flat and dull after 2 pm as the day goes on.

Is there any other shampoo which can make my hairs look fresh, thicker and shiny? Also which can be used everyday.

Try to wash it less often. Washing too frequently can cause it to become greasy more quickly. Also you might want to try shampoo bars (+ they are eco-friendly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Issue is i get "hair horns" on the sides of my head after sleep. And i need to shampoo otherwise these "hair horns" wont settle down.

I don't want to use bar as I am already losing hairs. It's in my genes.
    alberto67 wrote: »
    Try to wash it less often. Washing too frequently can cause it to become greasy more quickly. Also you might want to try shampoo bars (+ they are eco-friendly).

Issue is i get "hair horns" on the sides of my head after sleep. And i need to shampoo otherwise these "hair horns" wont settle down.

I don't want to use bar as I am already losing hairs. It's in my genes.

Then try wetting it without washing it every second day...

Tried wetting also. Wetting only leaves them more oily and sticky. Then i start to appear bald and loose my confidence.
    alberto67 wrote: »
    Then try wetting it without washing it every second day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Hi, have you tried conditioning after you shampoo? It will make your hair fuller and fresher. Only use a small amount mind, as it will make your hair greasy faster. If you find its too greasy with conditioner you can try conditioning first then shampooing, to remove the excess grease and moisture

It might also help your hair hold it's shape better, so you won't have to deal with hair horns as much. Washing your hair every day will damage it though, and unfortunately the only way to 'train' it not to get greasy as fast is to wash it less often

• Advertisement

I don't use conditioners but i will certainly give it a try. And see how it works out for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I've gone from shampooing daily to shampooing ever 5-6 days

Wish I had done it years ago

If i have thick hairs i would do the same.
    Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I've gone from shampooing daily to shampooing ever 5-6 days

Wish I had done it years ago

If i have thick hairs i would do the same.

Just try to not wash it for 2-3 days. Can't do any harm. Try.

Thinking to order Condition Me by Watermans. They have good reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Cocobongo

Have only used head and shoulders classic for men for the oast 10 years (morning and night wash) and my hair is looking more then fresh all day long. I know a lot of people would go against it, but really works fine for me

I suppose you have thick hairs.
    Cocobongo wrote: »
    Have only used head and shoulders classic for men for the oast 10 years (morning and night wash) and my hair is looking more then fresh all day long. I know a lot of people would go against it, but really works fine for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Cocobongo

I suppose you have thick hairs.

Thin blonde 😶

ordered watermans shampoo and conditioner this morning.
    Apparently they are good for hair loss

ordered watermans shampoo and conditioner this morning.
    Apparently they are good for hair loss

Probably, but useless for what you want to achieve.

Advertisement