Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a joint account and which bank?

• 16-08-2017 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and the other half are thinking of setting up a joint account in the hope of saving small, equal amounts each week that will help us in years to come with a mortgage.

We are a young couple, both using different banks at the moment, she is with BOI and I'm AIB.

We just want to know if it is possible to create a new account with whatever bank has the cheapest charges, then direct debit a portion of our weekly wages each into the new account? We wouldn't be touching it at all.

Is that generally how it works?

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Would you be better with a joint savings account rather than a joint current account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

JTMan wrote: »
    Would you be better with a joint savings account rather than a joint current account?

Yes that's what I mean, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

A KBC Extra regular saver @ 2.50% AER variable which allows lodgements up to 1,000 EUR per month might be your best option. This product requires you to open a KBC Extra Current Account but there are no fees provided you deposit at least 2,500 EUR per month into the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

What's the general quarter fees in banks these days? We are both on student accounts, although haven't been a student for 3 or 4 years! So little to no charges or transaction charges.

Just want to cheapest available to set up, or might even try a credit union.

EBS money manager current is fee free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement