Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert 365 Regular saver to Mortgage saver?

Options
  • 16-08-2017 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there

As the title suggests I'm just wondering if it is possible to 'convert' my regular saver account into a mortgage saver? 

I have been saving regularly since opening the account and instead of closing to open a mortgage saver and having to 'start again' to build up at least 6 months savings it would be great if I could convert to the mortgage saver and bring my history with me.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Jack_frost_09,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

You would have to close the regular saver and open a mortgage savings account as you wouldn't be able to convert.

However if you are concerned about showing your history of savings you will get a closing balance statement from the regular saver to show your history of saving.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Have a nice day.

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jack_frost_09

Hi Jack_frost_09,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

You would have to close the regular saver and open a mortgage savings account as you wouldn't be able to convert.

However if you are concerned about showing your history of savings you will get a closing balance statement from the regular saver to show your history of saving.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Have a nice day.

Thanks

Kareana

Thanks Kareana,

As a follow up - would that 6month history be applied in respect of the 2,000 bonus for drawing down on a mortgage within 6 months of opening the mortgage saver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Jack_frost_09,

Thanks for the reply.

You would get the closing statement of the regular account to prove you have been saving however it would not convert over to the terms and conditions of the mortgage savings account.

I hope this clears it up for you.

Thanks

Kareana

Advertisement