Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trap Gun Opening chokes out

Options
  • 16-08-2017 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hello is there anybody in Ireland that is competent at opening up the chokes on a trap gun or does it have to go to the uk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

If there is plenty of metal around the muzzles, which is likely as its a tightly choked gun, then you maybe able to have multi-chokes installed. I know Nigel Teague and Briley were doing this type of work.

The only person in Ireland who i think might be able to open the chokes out, would be Tony Curran who works up in ardee sports i think. Worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

has to go uk with a cost of 600 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

allan450 wrote: »
    has to go uk with a cost of 600 euro.

If you go to the uk the gun has to be reproofed by law afaik ? Thats another £100+ and a wait of up to 6 weeks currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

When you look at it your going to be down €700, why dont you just trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭zeissman

kermitpwee wrote: »
    hello is there anybody in Ireland that is competent at opening up the chokes on a trap gun or does it have to go to the uk?

Any decent gunsmith should be able to open up the chokes. I know Eamon galvin in donegal used to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Any competent smith with a set of expandable reamers and the wherewithal to accurately measure your chokes before and after will be able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

The only problem in this country is finding one reliable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

gunny123 wrote: »
    If you go to the uk the gun has to be reproofed by law afaik ? Thats another £100+ and a wait of up to 6 weeks currently.

Yup, any modification to a pressure-bearing component, namely, the actual barrels in this case, means a trip to the nearest Proof House and all the cost entailed in the process.

tac

Advertisement