Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York to Niagara Falls(Toronto) Tour Booking

Options
  • 16-08-2017 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I was looking around for tour booking for both of my parents. Found 'taketours' but found absolutely horrible reviews on trustpilot yet their own website is full of 4-5 star reviews so that really discouraged me about them. Seems like they're filtering the reviews that come out or something. Anyway, does anyone here know where to book a reputable tour company for visiting the Niagara Falls from New York? Thanks a lot guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Bumpity bump bump!

Would anyone actually suggest just using the public transport to go up and do everything manually rather than get stung by a crap company?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

I would suggest renting a car and driving up, and also highly recommend staying on the Canadian side of the falls. All you need is an Irish passport to enter Canada by car. I took my parents up there last year (New Jersey --> Niagara Falls --> Montreal --> NJ, 1289 miles total).  It's a very easy drive once you get away from NYC. 

For getting around Niagara Falls, you can use Wego - http://www.wegoniagarafalls.com/
    We stayed at this hotel, which was reasonably priced and actually had a nice view of the river and part of the American Falls from our room. It was close to everything.
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]6039 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, ON L2G3V6 CA
    T:  1 905-358-3817imp_H_2320016_508110215_135010301.gif[/font]

I would suggest renting a car and driving up, and also highly recommend staying on the Canadian side of the falls. All you need is an Irish passport to enter Canada by car. I took my parents up there last year (New Jersey --> Niagara Falls --> Montreal --> NJ, 1289 miles total).  It's a very easy drive once you get away from NYC. 

For getting around Niagara Falls, you can use Wego - http://www.wegoniagarafalls.com/
    We stayed at this hotel, which was reasonably priced and actually had a nice view of the river and part of the American Falls from our room. It was close to everything.
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]6039 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, ON L2G3V6 CA
    T:  1 905-358-3817imp_H_2320016_508110215_135010301.gif[/font]

As much as I'd love to either drive them myself there or let my parents enjoy the fun of that journey, I just couldn't let my dad drive there. I believe that he may be a little bit of a danger here whenever he drives so I really don't think it's safe for either of them if he was to drive up. Just a little bit of old-age hitting him. I do appreciate the suggestion though, and I completely agree that renting out would be the easiest solution to all this, but sadly, it just isn't an option.

I will take that hotel into consideration though, as if they do take the public transport, they may need a hotel reservation anyway.

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

As much as I'd love to either drive them myself there or let my parents enjoy the fun of that journey, I just couldn't let my dad drive there. I believe that he may be a little bit of a danger here whenever he drives so I really don't think it's safe for either of them if he was to drive up. Just a little bit of old-age hitting him. I do appreciate the suggestion though, and I completely agree that renting out would be the easiest solution to all this, but sadly, it just isn't an option.

I will take that hotel into consideration though, as if they do take the public transport, they may need a hotel reservation anyway.

Thank you so much!

Another option might be to get the train to Toronto and get a tour from there? I would assume there's more options from Toronto.

Another option might be to get the train to Toronto and get a tour from there? I would assume there's more options from Toronto.

How good is the public transport? The only reason why they(and I agree) prefer it to be a tour from New York is of course the pick-up and drop-off points are in New York so they don't have to worry about anything else like missing transits, finding stations/bus stops or whatever else it may be. Also, the taketours thing include travel to/from the included hotel. They don't really mind the quality of the hotel as long as it's not like infested or something, they're pretty simple in that regard so they don't mind what hotel it is. It's really all about the convenience of the whole journey. I'd love to just book the taketours thing but I'm so worried that they would get so much hassle when they get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Fly to Toronto or buffalo. Only a short public bus trip from either of those with numerous buses per day https://www.greyhound.com/en/ecommerce/schedule

It's like a 9-10 hour bus trip from NYC to Niagara

Advertisement