Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool socks for 21 month old

Options
  • 16-08-2017 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi all

We're about to start swimming lessons with our little girl who's 21 months. She hasn't been before but loved the pool on holidays and I thought it would be a really nice weekend activity to do together

A friend of mine mentioned that her kids (who are a bit older) used to get verrucas a lot at the pools and that they use little swimming socks now. Just wondering can anybody recommend any for a younger age??

http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/restofworld/all-swim-/girls-pool-sock/invt/99004440

I found these and it's not very clear but it looks like they're for older kids (sizes just say small or medium)

Would appreciate any advice!

CF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I've been bringing my smallies swimming for 6 years.

I don't think pool socks prevent verrucas. Or at least, they didn't for us. We have had one verruca ever, and it was about a month after starting with the socks.

Some people are more prone to them than others apparantly, but what works for us for years is keeping their feet dry when out of the pool. So, no standing around in the puddles or on the edges without a quick dry on a towel and flip flops / crocs on or straight to changing rooms. Dry feet first when getting changed. Don't let them stand around on a wet floor with bare feet. Chuck the towel down onto the floor and let them stand on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I agree, I think I remember hearing that the verucca thing is more to do with the standing jn the water round the edges of the pool as opposed to the pool itself. We have crocs in our house.I would never have bothered myself, but I try to wear flipflops these days.I admit I put the crocs on my older girl to stop her slipping when going round the pool (she can't walk slowly....)
    There are little rubber pool shoes you can get or mini crocs for little babies in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We go for a swim every week and I wear flip flops and my son wears crocs. We just leave them at edge of pool so only in our bare feet for a few steps!!
    When changing my son I put him sitting on the bench in changing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭chocfan

Great folks-thanks a million for the advice

I might pick up a little pair of flip flops or crocs instead so

Thanks!

Advertisement