Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flickering blue screen when coming out of sleep mode.

• 16-08-2017 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a HP running Windows 10, and if I leave it inactive for a while it will go into sleep/lock mode and needs a password to be reactivated.

The problem is that when I go to reactivate it (by moving the mouse, touching some keys etc), instead of going smoothly to the 'photo of the day' screen in which I need to enter my password, it sometimes flickers between that screen and other 'photo of the day' images and a blue screen...this flickering could go on for as much as a minute before it finally settles and the password box opens up for me to enter.

To the best of my knowledge,this doesn't happen on startup, just when it's been turned on but inactive for a while.

Any ideas what's wrong and if there is a way to remedy it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Can you video what's happening, so that you can see the message when it blue screens. There should be some indication on the blue screen as to what is going wrong. One of the pieces of hardware does not like coming out of powersave by the look of it. I would also google the model of your laptop, and see if it's something that happens with that particular laptop or if it's just you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Can you video what's happening, so that you can see the message when it blue screens. There should be some indication on the blue screen as to what is going wrong. One of the pieces of hardware does not like coming out of powersave by the look of it. I would also google the model of your laptop, and see if it's something that happens with that particular laptop or if it's just you.

I may have mislead people, it's not the blue screen of death, just a blue screen. There is no message.

I've searched online with the HP model, but never found a problem that is described exactly like mine.

This one is very similar.

Although in my case, it will flit from image to image, or even momentarily show the webpage that was open before it went into sleep/lock mode. This might go on for a while before it eventually 'settles' and, upon pressing a key or moving the mouse, a box for the password appears.

Advertisement