Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing of card details

• 17-08-2017 1:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey I'm not sure if this is the right forum, mods please move if appropriate.

I'm slightly concerned about a recent transaction. I tried to pay for car insurance online from a well known company, when I entered my card details the payment was rejected and a message came up that their system was down and to try again this morning. When I tried again this afternoon It wouldn't allow me to log in. So I rang them today and was told it had been paid at 8:15 this morning but I hadn't retried it until much later (1pm). The person I was speaking to looked into it and said my card details had been imputed manually into their payment system this morning.

My main question is are companies allowed to retain payment details from rejected transactions? Also should they have processed the transaction without my say so? I'm a bit concerned about my details being retained and manually imputed by a staff member

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

sugarman wrote: »
    I doubt that's what happened, what's more likely to have happened is your 'failed' payment just went through from the night before when their system came back up. I've had similar happen booking flights and tickets online.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I'd definitely follow it up just to be on the safe side!

Thanks sugarman, nothing like this has happened to me so I was just concerned. the guy I spoke to said the payment coming up as being manually processed on their system as opposed to appearing as an online transaction which would have shown if it was one of the failed transactions processing , the company have launched an investigation,

Advertisement