Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Card Comparison

Options
  • 17-08-2017 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Currently changing my wifi card and I'm wondering if people have experience with either / both of these cards?

- Gigabyte WB867D-I

- Archer T6E

I bought the Archer last week and it gets fairly decent speeds (about 110-120mbps on a 240mbps connection), but I'm wondering if despite the Gigabyte having lower rated speed (867 vs. 1200, even though neither of them will ever reach it) will the external antenna make it much better than aerials at the back of a PC under a desk? Mainly in terms of consistency at least rather than speed increase.

TL/DR, would I be better off returning the Archer and grabbing the Gigabyte? Or would I be able to buy a decent external antenna anywhere for the Archer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Whats your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Depends on the setup, but typically the buried in a loom of power and usb cables micro antennas can have some noise issues. Testing with a new laptop or tablet from close by can give you indications as to the upper limit of the gateway.

Advertisement